Accounting and Finance Supervisor
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To prepare accurate management information in a timely manner and
support Operation's financial requirements.
- Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment,
working both virtually and in office when required.
- Must be able to travel between the Louisiana and Texas work
locations to support the business as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and timely financials for relevant programs in
accordance with corporate polices and guidelines
- Conduct variation and financial analysis
- Assist with preparing monthly internal and external reporting
for assigned programs
- Partner with Operational Regional Business Group leads and
Project Managers and provide support and recommendations for
opportunities for business improvement
- Support the Finance Project Manager in developing a short term
and long-term plan as well as rolling 15 months forecast for
- Recording forecast and free cash flow at the project level
- Analytics for bid review preparation, development and decision
- Work with the FP&A leads to support investment look backs
and profitability analysis on programs
- Support development of CAPEX model and applicable approval
processes for specific capital expenditure
- Assist the Finance Project Manager in internal and external
audit and regulatory reporting / compliance
- Help drive implementation of financial standards in the
- Other duties as assigned inclusive of responsibilities outlined
in the RASCI model related to your area of work.
- Travel to sites to understand the work being done as
- This position will have direct supervisory
- This position will report to the Finance Director,
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant Finance Project
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience with cost accounting
principles and the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience with reporting under
local statutory reporting requirements.
- Basic understanding of modeling concepts.
- Post graduate qualifications
- Experience leading a team
- Working knowledge of current ERP system
- International experience
- Experience with project management/scheduling software (i.e. MS
Project, MPM, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and
- Supervisory skill set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative working style and ability to work across
multiple geographies and with a distributed workforce
- Detail oriented
- Systematic, solution-oriented and flexible
- Solves problems and acts decisively on problems of high
complexity and financial risk
The position will be Hybrid - Remote. Employees are expected to
travel to their designated office as schedules require.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering, Lafayette , Accounting and Finance Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Broussard, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!