Critical Facilities Engineer I
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Posted on: November 18, 2021
*Primary Location: *3405 McLemore Dr, Lafayette, LA, US
* Division: *Cox Communications
* Job Level: *Individual Contributor
* Travel: *Yes, 25 % of the Time
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Requisition Number: *218999_79573097
Cox Communications is searching for a Critical Facilities Engineer
I. This role plans and engineers technical facility projects. This
includes AC/DC powering, space planning, infrastructure (including
steel grids, ladder racking, cabinets), and fiber management
designs. Technical Facilities Engineer I prepare plans,
specifications, calculations, and/or other engineering documents,
provide recommendations to higher-level engineers for review;
analyze or design projects of limited complexity and scope; conduct
inspections/audits, and provide recommendations. Work at this level
may require contact with consultants, contractors, and others for
the purpose of explaining standards, gaining compliance to
standards and providing technical assistance. Work is performed
under the supervision of a higher-level engineer or manager.
* Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions: *
* Creates a project specific engineering package that includes
design (power, front elevation drawing, and floor plan), scope of
work, materials list, and vendor quotes.
* Creates test plans; tests and validates functionality, management
and performance for existing & new technologies pertaining to
* Conducts basic equipment evaluations, equipment selection, pilot
testing and Architect designs to ensure reliability and scaled
expansion of Technical Facilities.
* Assists in preparing engineering cost analysis to optimize return
* Assists in implementation of plans that enhance technical
operation, compliance with rules and regulations, and permit the
deployment of new technology.
* Supports deployments of new services, systems, applications and
architectures with installation, configuration, integration,
evaluation, testing, documentation, and training. Provides detailed
engineering support and consultation to other departments.
* Assists in establishing technical facilities performance
measurements and goals
* Works with vendors to ensure equipment is installed and operating
properly and resolves problems.
* Coordinates with other departments to ensure the power & space is
available and configured to meet or exceed project demands.
* Facilitates communications with employees and other departments
by holding or attending meetings, preparing reports, and
participating on task forces.
* Reviews and approves MOP/DMOP for routine technical facility
augmentation and maintenance pertaining to contractor activity,
(i.e. HVAC, power work, equipment installation, cable routing, fire
* Performs quality assurance (QA) of all facility contractor
* Plans, documents, trends, and logs all parameters relating to
space capacity, AC/DC power, HVAC, building management systems, and
support systems within technical facilities.
* Evaluates the performance of generators, UPS or inverter battery
backup systems, DC power plants and battery backup, HVAC, and
building management systems at technical facilities.
* Recommends and compiles procedures and documentation for support
personnel to follow in day-to-day operations of the technical
* Audits preventative maintenance procedures and activities.
* Tracks and resolves escalations as appropriate and needed.
Qualifications: *Minimum: *
* Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job.
(Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections
will be considered.)
* 1 year experience in related field (i.e. Engineering, Technical
or Facility Operations or related) or academic equivalent training
* Requires working knowledge of building management systems, AC/DC
power, HVAC, technical facility installation practices, and
* Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
* Excellent collaborative skills to work effectively with teams
throughout the organization.
* Travel will be mostly be at 25% but it can also be up to 50%
depending on business needs.
* Preferred: *
* BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (e.g.
Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar technical
* HVAC mechanical preferred
* Certifications: DC Power
* Basic knowledge of GR-1275, NEC, NESC, NFPA, IEEE, and Building
* Experience in telecommunications industry.
* Demonstrated basic troubleshooting and diagnostic
* Basic knowledge of telecommunications equipment.
Who We Are
* About Cox Communications*
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of
human connection through broadband applications and services. The
largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six
million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to
empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
* About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, [visit our benefits
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Lafayette , Critical Facilities Engineer I, Engineering , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!