Project Engineer- Primoris Heavy Civil
Company: PRIMORIS USA
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Primoris Heavy Civil provides highway, port, airfield, rail and
marine (intermodal transportation) construction services to private
commercial and industrial clients as well as governmental entities.
We service the Department of Transportation and the US Army Corps
of Engineers. Services include: demolition, heavy earthwork, soil
stabilization, mass excavation, drainage, pile driving, concrete
paving, infrastructure rehabilitation, end-on (top-down)
construction, bridge construction, major interstate and highway
construction, airports, marine and rail installations; all with
Heavy Civil experience is preferred but this is also an entry level
- Practice safety rules.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Report to and assist immediate supervisor.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Maintain plan drawings and revisions.
- Create and maintain all required Project Logs.
- Perform material take-offs.
- Communicate with the owner and client representatives.
- Calculate pricing and issue contracts and purchase orders for
subcontractors and suppliers.
- Schedule subcontractor work and supplier material deliveries.
- Assist Project Manager with negotiates with owner on time
extensions, delay impacts and accelerations.
- Measure all work put in place and monitor the accumulation and
documentation of quantities; report these to the project manager
for inclusion on monthly estimate and for reporting to the
- Participate with Project Manager in resolution of quantity
disputes the owner/engineer.
- Assist Project Manager in developing request for payment for
extra work and claims for changes, maintains project records and
documentation to support same.
- Prepare all close out documents at contract completion.
- Ensure all submittals are timely and quality control plan is
- Supervise cost allocation of all labor, equipment, and material
purchased on project.
- Makes daily reports of hours worked, work performed, and delays
or extra work.
- Present information effectively in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and management of the
- Moderate to high level of proficiency operating Primavera 3 and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Undergraduate degree in civil engineering, construction
management or a related degree.
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety
glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness
with lanyard, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Third-Party Agency Notice:
Primoris will not accept any unsolicited resumes from any
third-party recruiting agencies either
domestic or international. Primoris nor its subsidiaries will be
responsible for any fees from the
use of any unsolicited resumes either through our ATS or via
electronic mail systems from any
agency representative or agency consultant unless your firm is an
approved vendor partner
with a current executed agreement.
Keywords: PRIMORIS USA, Lafayette , Project Engineer- Primoris Heavy Civil, Engineering , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!