Big Data Engineer
Posted on: September 9, 2018
CGI is looking for a team player with excellent analytical and technical skills and ability to implement complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms..
The Big data engineers on our project will develop, maintain, test, and evaluate big data solutions for our business objectives. Much of the time they will be involved in the design of big data solutions, and hence need to have a solid experience with Hadoop based technologies such as MapReduce, Hive, MongoDB or Cassandra. Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures is a must. Additionally, he/she should understand how algorithms work and have experience building high-performance algorithms.
As a big data engineer the member should know how to apply technologies to solve big data problems and to develop innovative big data solutions. The engineer should have extensive knowledge in different programming or scripting languages like Java, Phyton and/or R, Linux. Also expert knowledge should be present regarding different (NoSQL or RDBMS) databases such as MongoDB or Redis. Building data processing systems with Hadoop and Hive using Java or Python should be common knowledge to the big data engineer.
Your future duties and responsibilities
* To enjoy being challenged and to solve complex problems on a daily basis;
* To have excellent oral and written communication skills;
* To be proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows;
* To be able to work with cloud computing environments;
* To have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or software engineering;
* To be able to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements;
* To be able to assist in documenting requirements as well as resolve conflicts or ambiguities;
* To be able to tune Hadoop solutions to improve performance and end-user experience;
* To have strong co-ordination and project management skills to handle complex projects.
* Having a background with Information Security will help in the role
* MUST be well spoken and comfortable in presenting to managers and team members alike.
* MUST have participated in Agile project execution.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The big data engineer is a technical job that requires substantial expertise in a broad range of software development and programming fields. The big data engineer should especially have sufficient knowledge of big data solutions to be able to implement those on premises or in the cloud.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or software engineering
* Enjoy being challenged and to solve complex problems on a daily basis;
* Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Be proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows;
* Be able to work with cloud computing environments;
* Be able to work in teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements;
* Be able to assist in documenting requirements as well as resolve conflicts or ambiguities;
* Be able to tune Hadoop solutions to improve performance and end-user experience;
* Minimum 1-3 years' experience working with health care data, from both a technical (IT) and non-technical perspective
* Must be a team player - be able to work with Stake holders and team members without conflicts
* Be able to present solution to team and leaders
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
* Big Data
* Agile / Collaborative Method
Department: Development/Engineering - provided by Dice Agile, Algorithms, CGI, Development, Genetic, Hadoop, Java, Linux, Management, MongoDB, NoSQL, Programming, Project, Project Management, Python, Recruiter, Security, Testing
Keywords: CGI, Lafayette , Big Data Engineer, Engineering , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!