Assistant Branch Manager - Lafayette, LA (Broadmoor Branch)
Company: Iberiabank Corporation
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Our IBERIABANK branches and associates are exceptional. Our
assistant branch managers are the seasoned bankers who also
supervise the branches' operations. They ensure policies,
procedures, compliance, and security guidelines are followed. These
ABMs work closely with the branch managers, maintaining client
relationship profiles and providing top-notch customer service.
They understand that a successful retail branch encompasses the
strength of sound operations with the high-quality care of its
clients. Be a part of IBERIABANK's retail group and submit your
Assistant Branch Manager application today!
A day in the life of an Assistant Branch Manager:
* Manage the daily operations of an IBERIABANK branch
* Coaches branch team on financial operations as well as training
them on seeking opportunities to deepen client relationships.
* Assists in staffing a branch as well as continuing development of
existing branch associates.
Provide support to the Branch Manager to ensure that operational
policies and procedures, compliance and security guidelines are
followed and to ensure that the branch delivers quality, accurate
and timely customer service in a retail environment, which include
the duties and responsibilities described herein.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Maintain work flow and handle scheduling the Tellers.
* Evaluation of employee's performance and issuing of counseling
* Determine and satisfy training needs and establishing performance
* Identify and refer customers to appropriate departments.
* Generate cross sales and referrals to generate new business and
* Promote bank products and further establish business
* Conduct meetings to institute new policies and procedures, to
promote sales, product knowledge, and customer service to ensure
continuous development of staff.
* Open checking accounts, savings accounts, and provide all other
deposit product services at the customer's request.
* Explain product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements,
and any other relevant product information to customers and
* Ensure proper control and maximum efficiency in the teller
* Provide teller line support in order to keep the customer wait
time to a minimum and customer service to a maximum.
* Ensures all audit and security policies and procedures are
followed during customer service hours and at banking office
opening and closing.
* Control the inventory of cash, Traveler's Cheques, Official
Checks and Personal Money Orders through dual control.
* Monitor the daily balancing and processing of ATM and night/lobby
depositories, including the processing of all entries, servicing
and required audits.
* Alert staff of any suspected fraud, kiting, theft or other
* Secure all applicable cash records and all other transaction
records, supplies and computer equipment at the end of the work
* Assist Branch Manager in monitoring daily transactions including
NSF, OD etc… and take appropriate action within the authority to
maintain operations within established guide lines.
* Monitor the daily teller cash limits through the branch cash
balancing report to ensure that the total cash in the branch is
* Coordinate and assist with the dual control vault
* Use good judgment and follow bank policies when overriding
transactions for teller with withdrawals/less cash authority.
* Assist Tellers in balancing as needed, reviews the daily banking
office settlement, prepare correcting entries to reconcile teller
* Perform branch cash audits as required.
* Take loan applications for retail/small business loans as
* Other duties may be assigned
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation
of assigned employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the
qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required in this position: High school
diploma or GED and 5 or more years of experience with a financial
institution required or equivalent combination of education and
experience; Teller and Relationship Banker experience preferred;
1-2 years of supervisory/management experience preferred.
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
Microsoft Office Suite
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Ex: CPA, Series 6 or 7
Not required Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Iberiabank Corporation, Lafayette , Assistant Branch Manager - Lafayette, LA (Broadmoor Branch), Executive , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!