Associate Director of Sports Medicine
Company: University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Athletics: Associate Director of Sports Medicine Position Title:
Athletics: Associate Director of Sports Medicine Department :
8913-Sports Medicine Responsibilities :
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is seeking qualified
candidates for an Associate Director of Sports Medicine (Football).
This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of
Athletics for Sports Medicine and has direct supervision of
Assistant Directors of Sports Medicine (Football). Assists the
Assistant Director of Athletics for Sports Medicine with the
provision of athletic training services including prevention, care,
and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for Football. - Assists the
Assistant Director of Athletics for Sports Medicine in the
supervision of the Athletic Training Room.
- Coordinates health care with team physicians.
- Reports the status of injured student athletes to coaching
- Assists with yearly scheduling and administration of
student-athlete physical exams and testing.
- Provides first aid and emergency care for athletic related
- Provides coverage with home and away events.
- Maintains medical and insurance records.
- Maintains inventory and supplies.
- Recruits and supervises student trainers.
- May include teaching duties.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication,
organizational, public relations, interpersonal, customer service,
and supervisory skills when working with student-athletes, faculty,
staff, coaches, and administration.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others;
commitment to working with multi-cultural populations.
- Have strong work ethic and be a person of high integrity and
character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with
NCAA, Conference, and Institutional rules as they apply to the
University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics program.
- Ability to work extended daily hours, evenings, weekends, and
holidays as needed. - Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) from a
regionally accredited institution.
- Current BOC certification.
- Current Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners Athletic
Training Licensure (or eligible for licensure).
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in providing athletic training
services (Football and/or NCAA Division I University sport
preferred). Job Ad#--(req1293) Information about the University is
available on the University's web page at http://www.louisiana.edu
Additional information about our Academic areas can be found at
https://louisiana.edu/about-us/offices/academic-affairs . The
University of Louisiana at Lafayette does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or disability in admission to, access to, treatment
in, or employment in its programs and activities as required by
Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Age
Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Age Discrimination Act of
1975, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Title IX of the Education
Amendments of 1972, Executive Order 11246, Section 503 and 504 of
the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 402 of the Vietnam Era
Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and the 1990 Americans
With Disabilities Act. The University of Louisianaat Lafayette is
committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.
If you require reasonable accommodation incompleting this
application, interviewing, completing any pre-employmenttesting, or
otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please
contactthe EEO/ADA Coordinator in the Office of Human Resources at
(337) 482-6258 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Lafayette , Associate Director of Sports Medicine, Executive , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!