Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Lafayette, LA
Company: Southwest Louisiana Area Health Education Center (
Posted on: November 22, 2022
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The position serves as Chief Executive Officer of the organization,
voting member of the Board of Directors, and oversees all of the
organization's programming services and administrative
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administer organization affairs, including but not limited to
overseeing the following: management of human resources and
financial operations, establishment and maintenance of goals and
objectives, supervision of program departments, development and
implementation of programs, review of and compliance with
programming contracts, development of personnel policies, and
general office operations and maintenance.
2. Conduct Board of Directors' operations, including implementation
and revising of personnel and financial policies and scheduling and
arranging for regular board meetings and committee meetings.
3. Oversee the search for funding opportunities and the research,
review, and development of grant applications. Assist staff with
the development of grant applications or contract negotiation.
Participate in multi-agency partnerships for grant application
development or implementation.
4. Facilitate and ensure communication, cooperation, and
collaboration between SWLAHEC departments, including the
scheduling, planning, and conducting of regular meetings of
5. Directly supervise department directors and programs not
assigned to a department director.
6. Oversee the scheduling, planning, and conducting of
staff-related activities, including regular staff meetings,
designed to maintain morale and focus on organizational
development, professional development of staff members, or health
7. Responsible for all contracts and memorandums of understanding
to which SWLAHEC is a party.
8. Establish and maintain relationships with external publics,
including media, regional, state, or national associations,
education institutions, government bodies, and elected officials,
and attendance at pertinent meetings of the same (budget and time
9. Maintain membership and/or participation in health care,
education, business or civic organizations directly related to
SWLAHEC operations (budget and time permitting).
10. Engage in Public Relations efforts and oversees the website,
publication, and distribution of the annual report and electronic
*The above statements may include only some of the general duties
necessary to perform the primary functions of the job. These
statements are not to be considered a detailed description of all
the work responsibilities that this position may require.
Minimum Bachelor's degree in business, education, health care
administration, public health, or communication. Master's degree or
additional certification in a related field preferred.
A strong candidate will be able to demonstrate examples of
successfully fulfilling many of the above-listed Major Tasks,
Duties, and Responsibilities.
- Five years minimum employment experience in senior-level
management, supervision, or business administration positions.
Non-profit agency administration experience preferred.
- Robust grant writing and program development
- Experience in understanding, negotiating and approving
contracts and memorandums of understanding.
- Public relations experience and good presentation/public
- Proven leadership abilities, including decision-making,
problem-solving, time management, delegation of responsibility and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including
successful personnel management, conflict resolution, respect for
viewpoints of others, fairness and objectivity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and
- Demonstrated commitment to improving health in
Keywords: Southwest Louisiana Area Health Education Center (, Lafayette , Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Lafayette, LA, Executive , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!