Gemstones Product Manager
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Gemstones Product Manger will assist in the development and
implementation of approved product programs for the assigned
gemstone product lines. Assist in the management of products,
pricing, promotion, packaging, displays, marketing programs and
trend direction for the assigned product lines within gemstones.
Assist in the management of initial aspects of product, pricing,
and promotion to maximize profitability. Assist the Director in
developing the overall sales and profits plan of the designated
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommending, developing, and implementing the approved annual
marketing plans and product promotions to launch successful new
products in assigned product categories, maximizing sales and
- Extract and translate raw data into meaningful information;
prepare and present gathered information for decision making.
- Assist with marketing planning, trade show and events
preparation, including visual merchandising and preparing and
packing product and supplies.
- Assist Marketing to support the production of new catalogs and
promotional brochures, including layout recommendations. Assist in
writing copy for all marketing publications.
- Coordinates with Marketing Services for ensuring time and
action calendar for sales promotion plans.
- Suggesting essential tools to analyze the business and maximize
the profitability of each assigned category.
- Collaborate with other departments within Stuller; advocating
for gemstones and partnerships.
- Identifying and developing emerging trends and new product
concepts, enabling the creation of product lines to fit selected
target market niches.
- Analyzing market conditions and forecasting trends to develop
new product offerings. Color trend forecasting.
- Monitoring domestic and international trade magazines and
- Monitoring the marketplace for competitive product information,
especially pricing, recommending and instituting changes
- Reviewing and reporting on purchase data and product category
performance against KPI's.
- Assist with managing website and social media content.
- Collaborate and assist in product initiatives and sale
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Participation in customer facing events, as assigned.
Skills (minimum requirements):
- Proficiency in MS Office particularly MS Excel.
- Detail oriented, organized, accurate and able to handle vast
amount of data projects.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple
- Diamond and Gemstone knowledge and/or GIA certification
preferred but not essential.
- Ability to communicate in multiple channels.
Qualities (nice to haves):
- Gemstones knowledge or experience not necessary but a
willingness to learn is essential; interest in or appreciation of
gemstones is ideal.
- You enjoy solving problems, you like taking on difficult
challenges and finding creative solutions, you don't get frustrated
easily and if you don't know the answer you dig until you find
- You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you are concerned,
anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time. You stay
focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things and you
learn quickly; when things change you can comfortably wear your
poker face until its back to normal.
- You can communicate clearly; you are comfortable communicating
in person, on the phone and in writing.
- You can collect data, define problems, establish facts and draw
- You have the people skills required to work with designers,
developers, project managers, creatives, data gurus and everything
in-between; you can adapt your message quickly based on your
- You have an ability to handle vast amounts of data
- You have a willingness to make mistakes and learn from them;
advocate for trial and error and ask questions.
- Ability to access information using automated systems (e.g.
Windows based computer, ORACLE, and MicroStrategy) without getting
- Appreciation for light and color.
- Preferred 5+ years in gemstone or jewelry related field OR
- 7+ years as a merchant for another industry.
Keywords: Stuller, Lafayette , Gemstones Product Manager, Executive , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!