Technical Product Manager
Posted on: September 9, 2018
We are initiating a major product re-engineering initiative that will leverage modern technologies and techniques to move a highly popular ERP solution toward a cloud-based architecture rooted in multi-tenancy and SaaS concepts. Through a program of iterative releases using Agile/SAFe and DevOps best practices, we are planning to remove technical blockers, evolve the user experience, and improve information handling while we transition from ERP/macroservices to a microservices solution.
We are looking for an experienced product manager who can define roadmaps, develop solution designs, scope functional initiatives and epics, develop enhancement estimates, evaluate new technologies, and guide/mentor product owners in support of program priorities. The ideal candidate will have experience serving as a functional architect or software designer for technical solutions in the areas of DevOps, cloud, operations, and/or infrastructure/environment management. The best case scenario is that your experience is in the definition and deployment of solutions that support pipeline automation from the start of development through the deployment and operation of a software product.
We own this IP and have full ownership of its health and quality, so you will be enabling the delivery of software that is the basis for a major revenue stream for our company. The ideal candidate will be creative and motivated by the challenge of unraveling complicated system transitions as we embark on this modernization.
Your future duties and responsibilities
A full time member of the Solution Architecture Group, the Product Manager uses his/her broad view of internal challenges, the market, and strategic influences to support definition and maintenance of the product roadmap. This includes identifying initiatives to be considered for the baseline product development and deployment environment imminently and in the future, crafting overall vision and direction documents for large or complex initiatives, working with Solution Architects to evaluate technologies and/or alternate approaches, and supporting program-level trade-offs on priorities.
The Program Manager role requires an individual who can apply DevOps, cloud, operations, and infrastructure/environment knowledge to systems analysis tasks. This person has strong collaborative skills with a system's thinking mentality who can work and communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical stakeholders to continually ensure the end solution is of the highest quality. The Product Manger will:
* Craft product solutions, draft epics and detailed acceptance criteria, and conduct scoping activities with the assigned Solution Architect and other stakeholders for an assigned initiative.
* Conduct product evaluation and selection assessments supported by well defined criteria and clear analysis.
* Prepare the assigned agile team to begin work on an initiative by reviewing epics with the team, and ensuring comprehension of the subject matter and feature scope prior to PI Planning.
* Provide ongoing support to agile teams throughout a PI to help keep overall solution vision on track, make feature trade-offs where necessary, and support the identification and escalation of risks.
* Keep assigned JIRA Initiative and Epic records up to date by ensuring descriptions, release targets, status, and prioritization are kept current, targeting at least three sprints (2 week) ahead of demand.
* At the end of each PI, close out completed epics and log new initiatives for any outstanding work that should remain in the DevOps backlog.
* Continuously identify and escalate any risks to DevOps solution, quality, staffing and/or delivery commitments so they can be acted upon in timely manner.
* Participate in sprint and system demos for all agile teams to maintain a pulse on solution progress and interdependencies throughout the lifecycle. Offer suggestions for improvement and identify alternatives where needed
* Participate in quality validation exercises, including assessment reviews and/or exploratory testing efforts to continuously keep a pulse on solution quality and identify areas for adjustment early in the process.
* Mentor Product Owners and other resources to enable them to
o learn the ins and outs how our customers do business and how this affects our solutions,
o provide assistance in managing trade-offs and assessing user or solution impact, and
o promote adherence to design standards and processes to promote quality.
* Work with account teams and/or customers to understand requirements, provide support on current solution functionality, and make recommendations for a product path forward.
* Support estimation for new features, including outlining solution approach; vetting approach with architects, SMEs, and other stakeholders; and preparing estimates to present to management, account teams, and/or investment boards.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, or similar role
* BS/BA degree.
* Subject matter expertise in one or more areas of the DevOps pipeline, cloud, operations, and/or infrastructure/environment management
* Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail
* Top notch organizational skills and ability to work within processes.
* Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
* Ability to translate and articulate business needs into enhancement definitions and software designs.
* Ability to work closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for technical issues, architectural considerations and engineering assessment of product goals.
* Ability to understand complex needs and translating them into detailed, executable functional requirements
* Skills in writing customer-centric documentation for the product backlog.
* Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
* Ability to provide appropriate and informed guidance and business direction.
* Ability to prioritize across multiple competing interests and recognize situations requiring escalation.
* Ability to groom the feature backlog to enable accelerated software development while ensuring coordination across teams and alignment with stakeholder expectations
* Excellent communication skills and understanding of the agile software development principles.
* Strong presentation and leadership skills.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Not accepting visa sponsorship for this opportunity
* Excellent solution delivery skills with an Agile Product owner.
* Agile process experience in organizing and guiding teams to succeed.
* Knowledge of user experience design and/or demonstrated influence on improved user experience.
* Experience with Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe.
* Experience with web and mobile applications.
* Experience working with brand new applications or legacy applications.
* Experience working with a remote team.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: CGI, Lafayette , Technical Product Manager, Executive , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!