Medical Insurance Verification & Authorization Specialist
Company: LHC Group Inc Home Office
Posted on: December 2, 2019
LHC Group recently broke ground on a $46 Million dollar expansion
project at our home office based out of Lafayette, LA. Come GROW
with us! We are a growing company that values and rewards our team
members and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 32,000
team members who help to change lives every day.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
As noted by independent analysts, LHC Group consistently
outperforms the industry in the percentage of our locations rating
four stars or more. We are helping drive better outcomes for our
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits of prospects/
referrals and determines LHC rate requirements as it relates to in
or out of network coverage on a daily basis in an accurate and
- Communicates patient benefits in a timely manner using the
appropriate legacy system and associated software application as
found in patient notes, tasks, workflow, email and or phone calls
with our agencies.
- Documents and forwards patient deductible, out-of-pocket
expense, life time maximum, home health or hospice days, and
patient responsibility to agency in an accurate and timely
- Reviews and replies to branch locations urgent requests in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Obtains all authorization as needed from payer for services
ordered/requested in a timely manner
- Documents specific details related to the authorization
including effective and end dates using the appropriate legacy
system and associated software application via patient notes,
authorizations, tasks, workflow, phone calls and/or email.
- Serves as a liaison between the branch location and the payer
on a regular basis.
- Coordinates and communicates with the branch location regarding
any changes or updates from the payer in a timely manner.
- Resolves all customer requests, inquiries, and concerns in an
expedient and respectful manner.
- Problem solves independently before referring issues to the
Supervisor/Manager for resolution.
- Performs eligibility and or similar, comparable, or related
duties as may be required or assigned.
Formal Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1 year
- Medical billing/collections experience required.
- Home Health billing/collections experience desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Basic PC skills including PC based applications (MS Word,
- Mathematical aptitude.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: LHC Group Inc Home Office, Lafayette , Medical Insurance Verification & Authorization Specialist, Healthcare , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!