RN - Registered Nurse - LTAC / Long-Term Acute Care (RN #)
Company: CoreMedical Group
Posted on: February 21, 2021
RN Director of Nursing
For more information please contact Nicole Richard @ [Click Here to
Apply] x1534 Transitional Care Unit Director of Nursing
- Associates degree in Nursing
- 2-5yrs LTAC experience
- Manager/Director level experience preferred Responsible for
coordinating, planning and evaluating services in responsible areas
utilizing participative management skills. Maintains responsibility
for the deployment and enhancement of human and material resources.
Facilitates the delivery of quality resident care through the
skilled nursing staff. Contributes to the TCU through support of
the philosophy and objectives of the hospital.
- Holds around-the-clock 100% accountability for the management
of clinical nursing practice and resident care on a daily basis,
including safe resident care, staff attendance, and all functions
regarding resident care.
- Oversees all aspects of daily operations of Transitional Care
Unit. Able to function as a Charge Nurse and provide direct
resident care as needed.
- Daily oversight of all direct care employees, social services,
MDS staff, Activities coordinator, and all TCU programs
(Activities, Dining, Restorative, etc.)
- Oversee and coordinate care with contracted staff (dietary
manager, housekeeping, pharmacy, etc..).
- Supervises the functions, activities, and training of all
- Ensure that duties of all nursing personnel are clearly defined
and assigned in accordance with the level of education,
preparation, experience, and licensure;
- Implements changes necessary for the clinical departments
involved to maintain and improve quality resident care.
- Ensure that each nurse on staff is properly licensed and abides
by the standards for care established by the organization and state
and federal laws.
- Ensure that unlicensed personnel abide by the standards for
care established by the organization and state and federal
- Assumes accountability for remaining current on standards of
care as established by CMS, The Joint Commission, etc. and promotes
compliance on a daily basis.
- Monitors complaint reports for allegations of potential abuse
or neglect, or the loss or misappropriation of resident property,
participates in these investigations, and promptly reports such
occurrences to Administrator for appropriate action.
- Participates in all admission decisions ensuring that the
resident's clinical needs can be met at the hospital.
- Ensures that daily resident assignments are commensurate with
the level of education, training, and demonstrated competencies of
- Ensures nursing personnel use the nursing process in managing
resident care and ensures continuity from admission through
- Participates in daily and weekly interdisciplinary team
meetings to discuss resident status, census changes, pending
admissions, discharges, etc.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing
staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Ensure that all areas of resident education are being
addressed, and that the resident's and family's educational needs
are being met.
- Performs rounds to observe care and to interview staff,
residents, families and physicians.
- Monitors staff for compliance with OSHA mandates and facility
policies on workplace safety.
- Monitors the nursing budgeted FTE level, and makes changes
according to the acuity of the residents and the needs of the
hospital on a daily basis.
- Is accountable for the management of nursing personnel
functions, seeks to recruit and retain an appropriate mix of
qualified, competent, nursing personnel as needed.
- Develops a plan for the nursing department that focuses on the
provision of high-quality, cost-effective care for the resident
that is consistent with the hospital's strategic plan.
- Establishes, implements, and monitors the infection control
program which is designed to prevent the development and
transmission of disease and infection. CoreMedical Group is a
nationally recognized leader in the medical recruitment and
employment industry. We're the only healthcare staffing company to
offer our travel and permanent staff a free, all-inclusive tropical
vacation. You can earn our Club CoreMed vacation by working
contracts and referring other travel and perm professionals. Just
starting your permanent job search? Here are some of the FREE &
CONFIDENTIAL services you will receive from CoreMedical Group's
- Input, advice and expertise while you discover what roles,
destinations, and benefits you want.
- Tailoring of your resume for maximum impact on future
- Assistance and backup during the often uncomfortable
"marketing" phase of your search.
- Interview set-up, as well as interview coaching, with tips to
help you towards win the position.
- Streamlined communication and feedback from sometimes difficult
to reach hiring managers.
- Guidance and market input to improve your awareness prior to
offer consideration. At CoreMedical Group, we will prep you for
your interview, negotiate the best rate, assist in the state
licensing process, provide local realty contacts, and do our best
to ensure your interview/relocation experience is stress-free.
Keyphrases: gerontologist jobs, long term care nurse jobs, long
term care nursing jobs
Keywords: CoreMedical Group, Lafayette , RN - Registered Nurse - LTAC / Long-Term Acute Care (RN #), Healthcare , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!