Company: LHC Group, Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Company Overview:The volunteer plays a vital role in enhancing
the quality of care delivered to the patient and family through
patient/family care activities or administrative activities that
support the hospice agencys goal of quality patient/family care.
Lourdes Hospice, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute
care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide.
From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
Additional Details:Experience: Less than 6 monthsEducation
- Volunteers who provide patient care and support services
according to their experience, training and education must be in
compliance with agency policies and under the supervision of an
agency employee.Experience Requirements
- Experience in working with people and willing to serve
- Mature, non-judgmental, caring, people-oriented individual who
is supportive of the hospice concept of care.
- Completes Volunteer Training Program.Equal Opportunity Employer
- vets, disability.Qualifications:
- Provides assistance to the hospice program and/or
patient/family in accordance with designated activities.
- Provides input into the Plan of care and Interdisciplinary
Group meetings as applicable.
- Accurately documents services provided as trained and
instructed by the hospice agency.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality
- Communicates any changes in the patients status or observations
to assigned supervisor and/or Administrator.
- Attends at least four (4) in-services per year.
- Participates in community outreach projects for the agency.
Bereavement Volunteer: knowledge of the death and dying process;
interacts with family in a caring and compassionate manner; assists
with arrangements after death; assists with agency memorial
services or activities; assists with community education on
- Patient Care Volunteer: records accurate, legible, timely, and
objective documentation of each patient/family encounter; schedules
regular visits with patient/family as designated in the Plan of
Care; provides respite care for family; attends IDG for updating of
Plan of Care as appropriate; communicates any changes or
observations to assigned supervisor and Administrator.
- Administrative Volunteer: completes all assignments in a timely
manner; paperwork is neat, thorough, and legible.
Keywords: LHC Group, Inc., Lafayette , Hospice Volunteer, Healthcare , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!