Central Supply Clerk
Company: Jena Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LLC
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Under the direction of the Executive Director or designee, assumes
maintaining adequate stock of supplies and materials needed to
provide quality care to all
residents, and verifies that Facility staff has the essentials
needed to perform their jobs.
1. Receives and counts stock items and records data manually or
using the computer.
2. Packs or unpacks items to be stocked in Central Supply.
3. Verifies inventory by comparing to physical counts of stock.
4. Responsible for maintaining stock in a secure location and
5. Keeps records of damaged stock.
6. Maintains adequate levels of supplies, ordering when
7. Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting
8. Prepares and maintains purchasing files, reports and price
9. Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to
10. Communicates with Support Office regarding purchasing request,
orders, vendor issues, etc.
1. Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of the Facility.
2. Is knowledgeable of resident rights and supports an atmosphere
which allows for
the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe,
3. Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures
and programs for:
OSHA and safety, including universal precautions and safe work
established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and
security, report and/or
correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance
4. Adheres to:
a. Confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee and
b. HIPAA regulations
c. Quality Assurance requirements and compliance with
d. Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work
free from sexual harassment and illegal and discriminatory
e. Code of Conduct and Compliance Programs when performing job
5. Supports and participates in common teamwork:
a. Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plans and
job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including
b. Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and
c. Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
d. Promotes positive public relations with residents, family
e. Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable
uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other
duties as assigned.
f. Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and
positive, helpful, and enthusiastic attitude.
6. Immediately reports incidents of alleged resident abuse or
neglect or alleged
violations of residents' rights to Supervisor or Executive
7. Maintains current practice standards or changes by participating
opportunities provided by the Facility and outside resources.
Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential
functions of the job, but
which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual
other work duties as assigned.
Education/Training: Possesses a high school diploma or prior
experience relevant to the
position. Must have knowledge of applicable standards of inventory
A.D.A ((Americans with Disabilities Act)(as amended)) REQUIREMENTS:
able to bend, stoop, push, pull, and walk and stand for most of the
working day. Requires
manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines
such as fax, telephone,
etc. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Must be free from
diseases that pose a "direct threat" to the health or safety of
others and which cannot be
eliminated by a reasonable accommodation. Must be able to lift a
minimum of 50
pounds, and be able to carry and transport supplies. Must be able
to pass a post-offer, preemployment
physical health examination as a condition of employment. Must be
of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without
Skill(s): Must possess proficient reading, writing, grammar, and
proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills;
decision-making skills, basic
computer skills; and be able to operate various medical and/or
office equipment. Must
demonstrate knowledge of safety techniques. Must be able to
communicate in English,
both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication
skills to perform the
Experience: One year of experience in a related field is
Keywords: Jena Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LLC, Lafayette , Central Supply Clerk, Healthcare , Jena, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!