Company: Louisiana Hospice and Palliative Care
Posted on: May 14, 2022
- $7,500 Sign On Bonus!
- Excellent Pay & Benefits
- 1:1 Patient Care
- Flexibility to Create Your Own Schedule
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Great Culture - join our family!The Registered Nurse in Hospice
(RN) assumes full nursing responsibility for the delivery of the
Plan of Care for each hospice patient. Continuously evaluates
personal and professional performance and makes necessary changes
to increase productivity and quality of care delivered. Adheres to
and supports the policies/procedures/goals/objectives of hospice in
an attempt to assure quality patient care. Strives for independence
and sound critical decision-making regarding the delivery of
patient care in a cost-effective manner without compromising
quality. Develops the patients Plan of care in collaboration with
other professionals and implements treatment strategies based on
scientific nursing theory that promotes physical, psychosocial,
emotional, and spiritual well-being. Maintains patient
confidentiality at all times. Familiar with the concepts and needs
of patients / families who are facing death and dying issues.
Effective communication skills, both verbally and written.At
Louisiana Hospice and Palliative Care, you will have a career, not
just a job. Our mission driven culture is evident by our current
employees and the impact made on patients and families.Louisiana
Hospice and Palliative Care, a part of LHC Group is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home.For More Career Opportunities with LHC Group visit
-https://careers.lhcgroup.com/careers-home/ Essential Functions:
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation in determining eligibility
for hospice services during visit within forty-eight (48) hours of
- Identifies the patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and
environmental needs and re-assesses as needed, no less than every
fifteen (15) days.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of care. Documents problems,
appropriate goals, interventions and patient/family response to
hospice care. Collaborates with the patient/family, attending
physician and other members of the IDG in providing patient and
family care on a daily basis.
- Instructs and supervises the patient/family in self-care
techniques when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the
patient's condition. Reports patient condition and any identified
needs/issues to Administrator on a daily basis.
- Supervises and evaluates the home health aides/homemaker's
ability to perform assigned duties every 14 days. Performs
supervisory aide visits to the patient's residence every 14 days to
assess whether goals are being met.
- Performs supervisory visits with the aide present per state
- Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice
assigned modules on-line on a monthly basis.
- Participates in daily nursing report on patients to
Administrator and provides all necessary documentation.
- Performs 60 or 90 day record review (recertification's) as
appropriate. Follows processes and regulations for admissions and
recertification of hospice patients and reviews findings with
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Group Meeting (IDG) regarding
patient care every 14 days.
- Participates in the QAPI plan and process on a daily basis
indentifying any problems to Administrator.
- Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining
medications ordered by the physician and included in the patients
Plan of care from Hospice Pharmacia. Assures compliance when
possible of medication regime within the specified formulary.
- Maintains up-to-date personnel file.
- Performs LPN Supervisory visits as assigned by Administrator
and in accordance with state regulations.
- May fill-in as Alternate if Administrator is unavailable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Participates in the Care Management process. Education &
Experience: Experience Requirements
- One year of clinical experience.
- LA: a minimum two years full time experience working as an RN.
However, two years of full time clinical experience in hospice care
as a licensed practical nurse may be substituted for the required
two years of experience as a registered nurse.License Requirements
- Current RN licensure in the state of practice
- Current CPR Certification
- Current driver's license, valid vehicle insurance, and access
to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.Equal Opportunity
Employer - vets, disability.Must be fully vaccinated or be willing
to complete full vaccination by date of hire and proof of
vaccination will be required. If permitted by state law, the
company will consider requests for religious or medical
Keywords: Louisiana Hospice and Palliative Care, Lafayette , RN (Hospice), Healthcare , Opelousas, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!