IHSC Full-Time Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - Dilley, TX
Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Correctional Medicine opening in Jena, Louisiana. This and other
nurse practitioner jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
STG International is accepting resumes of qualified candidates for
the Mental Health Nurse Practitioner position to work full-time
providing health care to detainees in custody in support of ICE
Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement
PSYCHIATRIC MENTAL HEALTH NURSE PRACTITIONER
Contract Position Description INTRODUCTION
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the
organizational structure of the United States Immigration and
Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO)
under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps
Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the
healthcare professionals working together to provide quality
IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE detainee health
IHSC's mission is to provide medical care to maintain the health of
individuals in the custody of ICE through an integrated health care
delivery system, based on nationally recognized correctional,
detention and residential health care standards. IHSC is committed
to providing health care services to protect the nation's health,
reduce global disease and provide medical support for the law
enforcement mission of the safe apprehension, enforcement and
removal of detained individuals involved in immigration
proceedings. IHSC is committed to ensuring a system of care that is
ethical, responsible, and accountable through rigorous surveillance
and monitoring activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The PMHNP functions within the scope of his/her specialty under
the clinical oversight of the Chief of Psychiatry, the Clinical
Director (or designee), a designated consulting psychiatrist, and
in accordance with a completed IHSC Scope of Practice
2. The PMHNP operates under well-accepted practices and principles
of psychiatric and medical care providers and in accordance with
the IHSC Scope of Practice and as outlined in IHSC Policy. The
incumbent consults with the Clinical Director (or designee),
and other behavioral health providers for management of complex
psychiatric conditions and in accordance with IHSC policy.
3. The PMHNP works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. The
incumbent coordinates mental health patient care, and collaborative
duties through scheduled appointments, sick call, or walk-ins.
4. The PMHNP diagnoses and treats acute and chronic psychiatric
disorders. This includes providing counseling, support, and
prescribing various medications in accordance with the approved
IHSC Scope of Practice and in accordance with IHSC policy. The
incumbent coordinates off-site care as required
5. Maintains safety when dispensing medications and is continually
cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking
6. Provides urgent or emergent mental health evaluation and
initiates appropriate action based upon IHSC operating memorandums
and policies, to include emergent use of involuntary chemical
7. Follows IHSC policies in the management of significant mental
illness including prevention of homicidal/suicidal ideation, plan
8. Provides tele-psychiatry services in accordance with IHSC policy
for patients at other IHSC facilities as required, and in all
jurisdictions authorized to provide such services, to include:
a. Working with the patient's local primary care provider (PCP) to
coordinate care for any identified medical concerns.
b. Using IHSC video teleconferencing equipment and electronic
medical records (EMR) software to examine and record the patient's
plan of care.
9. If a Medical Housing Unit is onsite, may admit, discharge, and
perform daily rounds on patients and notify Clinical Director (or
designee) of any abnormal findings.
10. Carries out orders authorized by the physician.
11. Provides relevant health education to detainees verbally and/or
12. Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as
13. Completes and passes all discipline specific competencies
testing, initially and annually.
14. Assists in the orientation and training of medical and mental
health personnel in mental health policy and procedures.
15. Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing
electronic health records as required by, and appropriate to, the
16. Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program
policies and position.
17. Documents all detainee encounters using the SOAP note format
and signs/name stamps note
18. Utilizes designated medical record system or electronic health
19. Documents psychiatric problems on the problem list in the
detainee medical record.
20. Solicits and reviews mental health records for detainees.
21. Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of
medical records, in compliance with the Privacy Act and HIPAA
regulations in all work activities.
22. Adheres to, and maintains awareness of, IHSC Policies,
Procedures, Directives, Operational Memoranda and accreditation
standards as prescribed by ICE/IHSC.
23. Assists with preparation for accreditation and ongoing
compliance with standards as assigned.
24. Adheres to IHSC's Safety, Prevention, Infection and Control,
Quality Improvement, Patient Education and other programs and
collateral duties as appropriate to position. Participates in
quality assurance/quality improvement activities as assigned.
25. Attends general/mental health staff meetings
26. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Graduate from an accredited Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
Practitioner (PMHNP) program located in the United States the
District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory. The degree issuing
institution and/or program must be accredited by an entity
recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
2. A minimum of one year of clinical provider experience in direct
patient care as a board certified PMHNP. The government may waive
the one year experience requirement based on the receiving site's
ability to mentor and teach the newly licensed provider.
3. Experience in a detention/correctional or residential health
care setting (preferred, not required).
1. Maintains current board certification as PMHNP by the American
Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association of
Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
2. Must have an unrestricted, current RN and Advanced Practice
Registered Nurse license in the state in which the duty station is
located. Any changes to license must be reported to employer
3. Must have an unrestricted DEA license in the state in which the
duty station is located.
4. Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through
the American Heart Association®.
STGi is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive
healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services
and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and
solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to
better accomplish their mission.STGi offers a competitive benefits
package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company
match and a generous PTO policy.
STGi is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: STG International Inc, Lafayette , IHSC Full-Time Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - Dilley, TX, Healthcare , Jena, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!