Medical Assistant - Nephrology/Rheumatology Clinic
Company: Opelousas General Health System
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionFull time position available in a Nephrology
clinic setting in Opelousas, La. The Medical Assistant under the
supervision of the Practice Manager, is responsible for providing
day to day support functions including by not limited to
administrative tasks and ensuring high quality customer service to
patients. The Medical Assistant will also assist with billing
support, scheduling, coding, patient communication and filing,
receiving patients, determining their needs and performing optimal
ambulatory healthcare to patients. Essential Duties and
- Interviews patients for case histories prior to
- Schedules and coordinate appointments
- Assists patients with initial paperwork
- Updates and maintains patients' health records
- Verifies insurance coverage and assist the billing department
with processing claims
- Communicates test results to patients when directed by
physicians or nursing professionals
- Assists patients with re-scheduling appointments and other
- Informs patients of credit card declines and other billing
- Plans and manages patient care according to each patient's
- Interviews patients and records their medical history and
- Obtains patient vital signs, including weight, pulse, blood
pressure, temperature, and respiration.
- Provides routine care for patients.
- Observes patients' overall health.
- Reviews medical charts.
- Communicates with patients and their families.
- Performs in office testing such as but not limited to: Urine
Drug Screens, CMP.
- Performs venipunctures.
- Prepares specimens for lab courier.
- Provides wound care.
- Prepares and administers injections.
- Assists with patient comfort.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory and performing preventive
maintenance to keep medical equipment operating.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders and
medications refills to pharmacy and progress notes to insurance for
- Schedules procedures/imaging; verifying times with patients;
and preparing charts and pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
establishing and following standards and procedures and complying
with legal regulations.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional
standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state,
and local requirements. Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED- Required
- Vocational/Technical Education- Required
- Certified Medical Assistant-Required
- CPR (BLS)- Required
- Medical Clinic experience- Required
Keywords: Opelousas General Health System, Lafayette , Medical Assistant - Nephrology/Rheumatology Clinic, Healthcare , Opelousas, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!