Volunteer Coordinator (Hospice)
Company: Lourdes Hospice
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Manages recruitment, training, on-going education, and assignments
for Hospice Volunteers according to regulatory and state
guidelines. Tracks, evaluates and reports Hospice Volunteer hours
and jobs performed to Administrator at specified intervals.
Develops and participates in community outreach and education
Lourdes Hospice, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute
care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide.
From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping
- Directs and documents an on-going recruiting effort to increase
- Plans, conducts, and maintains records for volunteer training
- Screens all potential volunteers
- Assures that the program meets the standards set by regulatory
or certification bodies regarding the participation of
- Participates in the QAPI program and processes.
- Assigns volunteers to appropriate activities.
- Monitors reports from the volunteers and brings urgent items to
the attention of the appropriate supervisor.
- Provides direction for the solving of problems involving
- Submits timely reports to the Director of Patient Services
regarding volunteer activities and levels of participation.
- Submits timely reports to the Administrator and Director of
Clinical services regarding volunteer activities and levels of
participation assuring compliance of 5% regulatory volunteer
- Maintains personnel file, completes assigned competencies
through LHC Connect and attends in-services if applicable.
- Designs and implements on-going continuing education programs
- Directs, screens and coordinates services or items donated from
- Designs volunteer appreciation activities or programs.
- Participates in planning and coordinating hospice presentations
to community groups.
- Serves on committees and task forces as requested by the
Director of Clinical Services or Administrator.
- Administers annual evaluations to Hospice Volunteers
- Functions as a preceptor for new hires
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience in working with people
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Current CPR certified, driver's license, valid vehicle
insurance and access to a dependable vehicle, or public
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Lourdes Hospice, Lafayette , Volunteer Coordinator (Hospice), Healthcare , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!