Company: Starboard - McAlister's Deli
Location: New Iberia
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Overall responsibility:The Restaurant Shift Leader contributes
to the success of McAlister's Corporation through assisting in the
daily operations of the restaurant. The Shift Leader's
responsibility is to direct the operation of the restaurant, in the
absence of the General Manager and/or Assistant Manager, while
maintaining the highest standards of food quality, service,
cleanliness, safety and sanitation by directing and supervising
team members. Shift Leader is also responsible for handling issues
with team members, food suppliers and guest directly, then
escalates them to the General Manager/Assistant Manager when
necessary.Key areas of responsibility:
- The ability to provide supervision during assigned shifts.
- Provides team members, and guests with a positive experience
- Manages both FOH and BOH shift responsibilities to include
scheduling of staff to minimize overtime and achieve daily labor
controls and cost as assigned by management.
- Monitors speed of service to ensure a positive guest
- Handle guest comments and complaints.
- Supervise daily shifts to ensure McAlister's standards, product
quality and cleanliness is maintained.
- Assist in the ongoing training of team members, including new
hires as well as existing staff to make certain McAlister's
procedures and processes are followed. Performs line checks as
- Enforce uniform policy and standards.
- Ensures proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Opening and closing of restaurant in the absence of upper
- All other duties as assigned by management.Secondary Functions:
- Confident in the ability to supervise
- Safety and sanitation fundamentals
- Adaptive to change
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to multi-task
- High levels of stamina and the ability to
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience within the food service industry;
supervisory experience a plus but not required.
- Worked in a fast paced environment.
- Retail experiencePhysical Requirements:
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, and
physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing.
- Must be able to spend 10% of working time sitting.
- Will be required to use all sensory capabilities such as:
vision, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching, and speaking.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities such as: walking,
bending, kneeling, handling, hand flexibility, reaching, squatting,
crawling, lifting, climbing, and stooping.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 25 pounds, and be able
to transport up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our Guests and team
members in the primary language of the restaurant, specific to
location. (Primarily English).
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
- Must be able to see to 20/20 vision with correction.Reliable
Keywords: Starboard - McAlister's Deli, Lafayette , Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , New Iberia, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!