Dining Services Department Manager
Company: Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Dining Services Department ManagerUS-LA-LAFAYETTERequisition ID:
94Shift: Multiple Shifts AvailableOverviewWho We AreHealthcare
Services Group (HCSG) is an experienced partner managing
housekeeping, laundry, dining, and nutritional services within the
healthcare market. For over 45 years, we have provided essential
services to thousands of healthcare communities across the country.
As one of America's Most Trustworthy Companies , we have been
recognized for treating our customers and employees fairly and
pursuing excellence via an ever-evolving and expanding focus on
training and the development of team members at every level.Our
Company Purpose & ValuesOur Purpose is Fostering Fulfillment In
Communities.Our Values, Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment,
Passion & Perseverance (aka Grit) influence our decisions and the
actions that follow in and out of the workplace. Who You AreYou are
driven, ambitious, have a personal calling for serving people, and
desire to positively impact your community. You enjoy collaborating
with others, aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves, and go beyond
to get the job done. You have a passion and desire to deliver the
highest customer and resident experience every day. What We
OfferHCSG offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support our
associates and their family's health and well-being. Our goal is to
promote welfare and health and enhance our associates' and their
families' overall quality of life.
- Benefits - FREE Telemedicine and Prescription Discount Program
along with an array of medical, dental, vision, and other
supplemental health plans.
- Training - We take the development and education of our
associates very seriously. Our promotions-from-within philosophy
opens the door to a stimulating and robust career with HCSG!
- Employee Assistance Programs - FREE access for employees and
their families for health, financial, and family services to
support our employees' welfare and mental and physical health.
- Employee Recognition Programs - We strive to recognize
employees who live out our Company Purpose and are committed to for
our Client, Resident, and Employee Communities!
- Going Beyond Assistance Fund - A 501(c)(3) nonprofit formed by
HCSG to serve as a charitable employer-sponsored disaster relief
organization to provide emergency, hardship, and disaster
assistance, to HCSG employees and their dependents or family
- Paid - Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - Investment opportunity available
to all eligible employees after two years of service.
- Nationwide Opportunities - Transfers are available Nationwide
-- great for active Military and Family!Keeping You Safe
- The safety and health of our employees and that of the resident
communities that we serve are our Company's most significant
- Personal Protective Equipment - All employees will be provided
and required to wear appropriate PPE for all functions.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - Employees will be required to comply
with all policies, as required by State, Local, and/or our
CustomersWhy HCSGAt HCSG, you will find an environment that is
fulfilling, collaborative, committed, stimulating, and structured
to help you succeed in serving our communities. We offer engaging
opportunities for every phase of one's career. HCSG is committed to
providing growth and leadership opportunities to see you
- Department Manager - Manages the food service program in a
single site, provides leadership, support, and guidance to ensure
that food quality standards, inventory levels, food safety
guidelines, and customer service expectations are met, including
following facility menus, current applicable federal, state, and
local standards, guidelines and regulations, in line with our
established policies and procedures to ensure that quality dining
services are provided at all times.
- Reporting - Maintains records of income and expenditures, food,
supplies, personnel, and equipment in report format to be delivered
to HCSG and Facility management.
- Training - Responsible for all training, quality control and
in-servicing staff to meet HCSG standards is an essential part of
the Manager's responsibility and includes touring the kitchen
several times per day to assess work quality using QCIs for
documentation purposes. Must also be able to perform the essential
job functions of dietary aide, cook, and dishwasher positions to
train and assist when there are call-outs.
- Communication - Effectively communicate all directives from
client managers, building occupants, and administrators to HCSG
- Safety - Utilize protective gear in all appropriate functions.
Responsible for the safe and proper mixing and use of cleaning
solutions while adhering to all safety precautions. Reporting
equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor
in a timely fashion. Ensure the established standards, safety, and
quality guidelines are met. Follow infection control and universal
precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary
environment is achieved at all times. Follow proper reporting,
isolation, and handwashing procedures/techniques.
- Punctuality - Consistent attendance and punctual arrival.
Timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.
Respond to the paging system in a timely and appropriate
- Customer Experience - Positively represents HCSG by following
instructions, being courteous, and cooperative with supervisor,
co-workers, and client staff.
- Resident Experience - Positive, pleasant, and tactful
interactions with residents, staff, and facility
- Demonstrate a positive attitude with the ability to follow oral
and written instructions, and perform routine, repetitive tasks
- After completing all appropriate training, utilize leadership
skills to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision and
do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
- An associate's degree or higher in food service management or
hospitality, course study including food service or restaurant
management from an accredited institution of higher learning is
- Specialized training in foodservice management and nutrition is
- Certified Dietary Manager or Certified Food Service Manager
designation is required following CMS and/or State/County law or or
must become certified within a maximum of 9 months from
- Two years of experience in quantity food production/service,
dining/nutrition, and personnel supervision experience are
- Basic computer skills with the ability to maintain records and
complete reports as required, including web-based reporting.
- May be required to complete an approved sanitation and safety
- ??ServSafe: Current ServSafe certification is required by State
/ County law. The time of publication of the job description
requires ServSafe Food Handler Certification in the following
States: CA, FL, IL, OR, TX, UT, and WA. County requirements are in
effect in the following States at publication: AL, AZ, KS, MO, MT,
NE, NJ, NM, MV, NY, OK, VA and WV.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate
effectively with others.
- Must be able to be at work as scheduled and on time.
- Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policies, as required by
State, Local, and/or Customers.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a
maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended
- Must be able to perform routine, repetitive tasks
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in the service area.HCSG is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the
workplace and encourages employees to bring their authentic,
original, and best selves to work for a culturally inclusive team.
We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, genetics, ethnicity, pregnancy status,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, political
opinions or affiliations, veteran status, or other legally
protected classes. HCSG also complies with applicable state and
local laws and federal law requirements that govern
nondiscrimination in every location where we operate.
Keywords: Healthcare Services Group, Inc., Lafayette , Dining Services Department Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!