District General Manager - Lafayette, LA
Company: H&R BLOCK
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Join H&R Block, a global consumer tax services provider that
has prepared more than 680 million tax returns since 1955. There
are approximately 12,000 company-owned and franchise retail
locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories,
and on U.S. military bases around the world. An H&R Block
branded retail office is located within five miles of most
The District General Manager is responsible for leading a
geographic district of approximately 17 H&R Block retail tax
offices. Recruits and hires seasonal district associates, providing
coaching, development, and performance management to direct
reports. Manages office leaders and holds them accountable for
coaching, development, and performance management of office
associates. The District GeneralManager leads and manages the
district by establishing and maintaining sales plans, offices,
hiring, training and evaluating district associates. Ensures that
policies and procedures are implemented and followed in each
supervised office to increase revenues, control expenses and
promote client satisfaction through a consistent positive
experience. Responsible for accelerating business growth through
implementation of business plan, marketing, and identification of
growth opportunities. Effectively manages labor to ensure maximum
productivity and profitability.
What you'll do...
- Recruit, interview, and hire and onboard high caliber, top
performing talent for key district positions. Support Office
Leaders in hiring of office-level associates.
- Coach and elevate performance of associates through
goal-setting, coaching, and providing timely feedback. Support
Office Leaders in end-to-end performance management of office-level
associates. Responsible for triggering corrective action processes,
as necessary, for direct reports.
- Provide leadership, growth and development opportunities to
direct reports and create a high performing, engaged, and
collaborative district team. Build a recognition culture in
alignment with the Company's vision and mission.
- Champion client experience by ensuring every office associate
is focused on easing the client's tax-related stress by providing a
welcoming and personalized service. Seek and utilize client
feedback to drive decisions and prioritize client-focused change.
Serve as brand ambassador and promote the H&R Block brand
within community, to clients, and to associates.
- Implement business plan and identify district growth
opportunities. Exceed business results and rapidly gain market
share by implementing a district-level market plan. Hold Office
Leaders and associates accountable for business growth at office
and individual levels. Utilize business data to make decisions to
drive business results.
- Meet or exceed sales targets by developing and executing a
sales plan that grows market share and clients, while retaining
current client base. Accelerate growth through active participation
in B2B and B2C events, building not-for-profit relationships.
- Develop, implement and monitor strategy to increase client
satisfaction and client retention within district. Seek and utilize
client feedback to drive decisions and prioritize client-focused
- Manage staffing, labor, and compliance.
What you'll bring to the role...
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of business experience to include strategic
development, budgeting and people management
- Effective management of field personnel to include a working
knowledge oforganizational planning techniques including the
development of goals and objectives, staffing, and work
- Strong customer relationship skills with the desire and proven
ability to work in a diverse work setting
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and
facilitation skills that apply to all levels of the
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work
initiatives while meeting deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work irregular schedulesTechnical skills
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to navigate on the InternetManagement
- Three to five years of management experience
Keywords: H&R BLOCK, Lafayette , District General Manager - Lafayette, LA, Hospitality & Tourism , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!