Senior Payroll Specialist
Company: Bristow Group, Inc.
Location: New Iberia
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for assisting the
Payroll Manager in payroll processes for the company's multiple
bi-weekly multi-site and multi-state payroll for 700+ employees.
This will include an extensive variety of payroll activities
including maintaining payroll records, reviewing and auditing
timekeeping records, processing payroll, preparation of month end
payroll journals and implementation and development of payroll
* Processing multi-state payroll for 700 employees including
garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state
wage and hour laws. Validate all data and payroll totals against
final runs and payroll direct deposits.
* Partner with HR and benefits to ensure accurate and timely
processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions
* Assist with the development and processing of manual time sheets
and integration of our new time tracking system into payroll.
* Prepare and analyze payroll data for management, internal and
external audit including communication and follow-up.
* Prepare payroll and tax accruals for entry into our ERP system
* Assist with managing correspondence, handling incoming mail,
maintaining time calendars, and calls concerning payroll matters
for all employees (including international).
* Assist in the preparation of foreign Employee taxes and National
Insurance calculations for foreign jurisdictions.
* Address payroll related issues using sound analytical, reasoning
and judgement skills.
* Oversee workers compensation annual audit; Develop Compensation
Data for renewals.
* Prepare and execute test plans to ensure that patches,
modifications, and updates to the system are thoroughly tested
before being migrated into production.
* Review patches, modifications, and updates to the system to
determine impact on current functionality. Recommend system changes
for improved workflow, compliance, and/or increased
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related
Three (3+) years' experience processing high volume payroll.
The following skill sets are highly desired: --- In depth technical
and functional knowledge of Workday payroll--- Extensive
problem-solving experience working with all aspects of the
technical system including troubleshooting and determining best
alternatives for implementing new procedures. --- Proven track
record in gathering business requirements, providing change control
management, and managing user expectations. --- Experience working
and communicating with various levels both within and outside an
organization including senior management, steering committees,
technical IT staff, and end-users. --- Experience developing strong
customer relations and managing customer expectations. . ---
Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented,
collaborative environment. --- Strong written and oral
Computer literate and highly proficient in using MS office programs
(Excel and Outlook) including pivot tables
Must be highly organized and able to clearly and concisely
interface with all levels of management
* Experience processing multi-frequency and multi-state
* CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or FPC (Fundamental Payroll
* Workday experience
Bristow Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Bristow Group, Inc., Lafayette , Senior Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , New Iberia, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!