Technical Operations Engineer I
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Primary Location: 6601 Hawkinsville Rd, Lafayette, LA,
USDivision: Cox CommunicationsJob Level: Individual
ContributorTravel: Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule: Full-timeShift:
Day JobRequisition Number: 217976_79573097Cox Communications is
searching for a Technical Operations Engineer I. This role will
perform operations engineering activities with general networking
knowledge and skill in a 24/7 environment.Primary Responsibilities
and Essential Functions
- Under general supervision, executes routine network
implementations for new technology.
- Provides reviews with operational boundary partners and
compiles information for detailed method of procedures and when
- Creates network change tickets in line with current processes
and validates conflicts to ensure no unnecessary outages.
- Partners with Operations and Engineering to test and validate
functionality, management and performance for existing and new
- Supports implementation/deployments of new services, systems,
applications and architectures with installation, configuration,
integration, evaluation, testing, documentation, and training.
- Works with vendors to ensure equipment is installed and
operating properly and resolves problems.
- Manages small, more routine projects within Operations to
confirm delivery intervals and validate critical dates and
milestones to ensure delivery of services stay on target.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure the network is
available and configured to exceed market demands.
- Compiles information for network infrastructure operational
- Participates in industry bodies monitoring technologies,
proposals, and issues of technical interest and relevance to
- Provides basic engineering and operational support to other
groups such as Cox Business, Provisioning, and Sustaining
- Assists with coaching and mentoring of junior technicians and
Cox tiered support teams.
- Prepares and delivers technical documentation and
- Ensures long term technology goals are consistent operationally
across all groups.
- Partners with change management for impact identification,
network validation, MOP creation and execution of activities.
- Opens, tracks, executes, and resolves escalated trouble tickets
from Tier II related to outages and trouble conditions on network
platforms. Provides technical support for all Cox transmission
- Partners with Vendors when needed to validate bugs etc. for
- Operates to meet network reliability and availability metrics
set forth by Cox Standards.
- Provides post-incident information and details for
documentation when needed.
- Potentially works with other business partners to manage local
network tools to ensure network health and tool
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job.
(Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections
will be considered.)
- 1 or more year of experience preferred in related field (i.e.
Engineering, Technical Operations) or academic equivalent training
- Requires working knowledge of transmission, switching,
powering, grounding, mechanical, and cabling.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to work in 24/7 environment and on-call as
- Perform maintenance activities during the weekPreferred
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e.
Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree).
- Certifications: NRS I, CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA Network+
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired - preferably
2-3 years operating in a tiered level technical service assurance
and/or service implementation environment
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and diagnostic capabilities
- Working knowledge of various manufacturers telecommunications
- Working knowledge of backbone and metro architectures and
technologies.Who We AreAbout Cox CommunicationsCox Communications
is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection
through broadband applications and services. The largest private
telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and
businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to
build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people,
suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one
unique.About CoxWe are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been
making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class
businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent
to always look for growth and impact while building a career with
us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive -
are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with
powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more
progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet
operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and
healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future
for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will
be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where
we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.Benefits of working at
Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision),
retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave,
parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For
more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our
benefits page.Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All
qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information,
ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
law.Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar
Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we
formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to
our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager,
or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Lafayette , Technical Operations Engineer I, IT / Software / Systems , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!