Posted on: September 9, 2018
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced developer with strong Java skills, demonstrated understanding of application design, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. This position requires complex problem-solving including the ability to design and build an application for optimal performance. The candidate selected for this position will have the opportunity to grow their technical and leadership skills while working with a dynamic, energetic, fast-paced team.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Architecting and Designing new system features and providing accurate estimates and development timelines.
- Organizing team development activities
- Defining and maintaining standard developent practices for the team
- Augmenting and Improving system architecture
- Continuous improvement of existing tools and technologies
- Working with current and future open source technologies integrated into the system (Elasticsearch, charts.js, Alfresco, Knockout.js)
- Proposal of technical architecture
- Leading technical design sessions to create sustainable, high-performing features
- Working with infrastructure administrators to design, maintain, and improve cloud-based environments
- Participation in testing efforts
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues and creating elegant solutions
- Mentoring and leading junior developers and team members
- Direct interaction with clients
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Bachelor's Degree 10+ years' experience in software development and IT consulting.
- Must have modern Java Framework Experience, such as Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience with Java application development and deployment tools including, Tomcat, Maven, and Git, Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodology and Scrum-based development.
- Understanding and confidence in building RESTful web services
- Strong Communication skills with both internal team members as well as customers. Able to effectively communicate with third party collaborators to jointly contribute to the project's success.
- Can work well balancing multiple assignments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
- Ability to mentor and support junior team members while continuing to contribute and complete work
- Self-starting and self-managing experience
The following qualifications will strongly benefit a candidate:
- Agile/Scrum certifications and training
- Experience using Atlassian tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, SourceTree, etc.
- Government Consulting experience
- Experience leading and/or managing similar software development teams
- Experience with Elasticsearch
Due to the nature of the government contract , US Citizenship is required.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change--supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CGI, Lafayette , Technical Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!