Company: Louisiana Economic Development
Posted on: January 14, 2019
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Java Developer in our Lafayette office.Job Overview:As a Java Developer you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients. As a member working in a team environment you will take direction from solution architects and Leads on development activities.Responsibilities:
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
- Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project, familiar with industry best practices for software development.
- Develop applications in languages including -
- Persistence Frameworks: JDBC, Hibernate.
- Business Tier Frameworks: Spring and Struts1.3.
- Java EE Web Services and Integration Technologies: JMS, XML, JAXP, SOAP, SAAJ, WSDL, UDDI, JAXR, JAXB, JAX-WS (SOAP Web services) and JAX-RS (RESTful Web services), Camel, Jersey, Jetty.
- Tools: IBM Rational developer, Eclipse, NetBeans, Wily Monitoring Tool, SOAP UI, HP Quality Center, SQL Developer, ANT, Maven, Hudson, Rally, PMD, log4J, Clover and Fiddler, Junit, Easy Mock, Mockito, Gulp, Bower, npm.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Database Systems: Oracle (SQL and PL/SQL), MS Access, MySQL
- Version Control: IBM Rational Clear case, CVS, Perforce and Git
- Application Servers: IBM WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat.
- Open Source: Mule ESB
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.Qualifications:
- Passionate coder with 3 years of application development experience.
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
Keywords: Louisiana Economic Development, Lafayette , Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!