WE ARE GILES AUTOMOTIVE GROUP Giles is proud to be an automotive
leader in the Acadiana community. We pride ourselves in living out
our mission to be a “vehicle" that improves the lives of our
employees, our customers, and our community. We offer a wide
selection of cars and trucks, award-winning service, beautiful
state-of-the-art facilities, and excellent career choices.
WHAT IS GOING ON? We have a successful lightning fast express
lube team and need a few bright ambitious folks to help us keep up
with the high demand for our services. We have recently
promoted several of our express techs to our main shop so we have a
few positions. Of course, this Covid-19 situation has
been difficult on families and local businesses. We have
taken all of the necessary safety precautions in order to deliver a
safe environment for our employees and customers.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
* Money of course: This is an entry-level position
with a starting pay of $10 per hour * Training, Tools, & Career
Path: We provide all of the training and tools you will
need to get started even if you have never done work like this
before. What really makes this position special is our desire
to invest in high-performers that fit our core values. We
invest by offering a 5-year career path to work your way up through
our service department to eventually become a master technician
that can really offer a great lifestyle and career for years to
come. * Every other weekend off! * Management & Sales
Support: Superior sales support from our great
award-winning team of management and sales staffs. *
Benefits: Medical - Dental – Paid Vacation –401k
Retirement Option. WHAT ARE WE SEARCHING FOR? We are looking for
someone that takes pride in their work to help the people in
Acadiana keep their cars on the road. You don't need experience in
the but we love to see people with experience working with
The ideal person would be ambitious with strong attention to
detail, confident doing repetitive work, desiring meaningful work,
and hardworking. Here are a few other things that we look for
in this position:
* Eagerness to improve
* Strong physical dexterity for working with tools
* Collaborates well with others in a team setting
* Strong communication skills
* Punctual and reliable
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Excellent customer service skills
* Basic computer skills
* Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service
* Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
* Willingness to learn new technology, repair and service
procedures and specifications
* Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record
The selection process for us is pretty straightforward. We judge
all of our respective candidates through the lens of our core
values. In fact, here are the answers to the test and we suggest
you consider these carefully before you schedule an
* Holds oneself to the highest standards of honesty, integrity,
and sincerity * Has a continuous drive for excellence and
self-improvement * Takes full responsibility and is dependable
in/for area of influence * A professional team-player that deeply
respects others * Possesses a strong desire to serve our community,
our customers and each other * Exudes an extraordinary attitude
WHAT DO YOU DO?
* Document and perform work as outlined on repair order
following all dealership and factory standards. * Drain oil from
the crankcase and refill with the required amount of oil; replace
oil and air filters.
* Inspect vehicle fluid levels and replace or replenish as
* Check tire pressure and add air if needed.
* Perform brake pad replacement and perform tire alignments
* Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
* Keep shop area neat and clean.
* Maintain accountability for all dealership-owned tools and
* Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
* Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and
in accordance with dealership.
* Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using
diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
* Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that
customers are well-informed of any additional services needed.
WHEN DO YOU DO IT? It's a 46+ hour a week position with every
other weekend off. We are closed on Sundays and Saturday
WHAT'S NEXT? Come work for a great company and earn a great
living. If you have a great attitude and love serving people we
want you to apply. We are offering a meaningful career choice that
you can build and make an excellent living. Apply now to be
considered and we look forward to meeting you! Must be
21 or older and have a valid driver's license with a decent driving
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit
discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.