Operator A/B- Offshore
Company: Wood PLC
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a A/B Operator with experience in the oil
and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Rockport,
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship
from Wood is required.
- Can operate, maintain and repair most facility equipment,
quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good
housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping
- Can operate, monitor, test, and maintain most processing
equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales
- Can monitor the performance of wells and production, calculate
daily rates, well testing, perform some trouble shooting, monitor
discharge water produced.
- Can perform many of the record keeping requirements by BSEE and
USCG on the following: weekly / monthly safety meetings, emergency
evacuation and response plan, abandon platform, boarding personnel
briefing on emergency procedures, etc.
- Can operate, test, maintain, repair and record keep most safety
shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations
and approved facility permit safe chart.
- Ability to operate safety equipment including firefighting
equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational
aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG
- Can operate and maintain most rotating equipment such as
compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in
accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations and little
- Can monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels,
flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed
Skills / Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience required in oil and gas
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or
- 4+ years' experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value
of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective
criteria and without regard to the following (which is a
non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the
relevant governing laws.
Keywords: Wood PLC, Lafayette , Operator A/B- Offshore, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!