Lifeguard (Fitness Center)
Company: LHC Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general supervision, the lifeguard ensures the safety of
patrons of the Louisiana Family Fitness Center by preventing and
responding to emergencies. Must be physically able to surface dive
to a depth of 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object, return to the
surface and swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the
object. The lifeguard must demonstrate a high skill level in
swimming, approaches, carries, resuscitation, assists and victim
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
Education & Experience
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility,
acts immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of patrons
in the event of an emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the
arrival of emergency medical services.
- Keeps the pools and the area around the pools in clean and
working order by performing various maintenance duties as
- Teaches swimming lessons as scheduled. Protects and guards
swimmers during the lessons.
- Maintains bi-annual American Red Cross certification.
- Greets members/swimmers in a friendly manner.
- Continually abides by all safety rules while performing job
- Continually enforces all safety rules with members to ensure a
safe and pleasant experience.
- Dresses in a professional and conservative manner according to
the Louisiana Family Fitness Center's dress code
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Exudes professionalism at all times, routinely reports for work
as scheduled and notifies the supervisor as soon as possible when
unable to report for work.
: Less than 6 months
License, Registration, and / or Certification
- American Red Cross certification.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
its all about helping people, and we live by those words today. Its
our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to
patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to
fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family,
youre choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both
personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping
people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder,
helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We
do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we
exist. Its our purpose.
Keywords: LHC Group, Inc., Lafayette , Lifeguard (Fitness Center), Other , opelousas, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!