WE ARE GILES AUTOMOTIVE GROUP Giles is proud to be an automotive
leader in the Acadiana community. We pride ourselves in living out
our mission to be a “vehicle" that improves the lives of our
employees, our customers, and our community. We offer a wide
selection of cars and trucks, award-winning service, beautiful
state-of-the-art facilities, and excellent career choices.
WHAT IS GOING ON? We have a wonderful service team and need
a few bright ambitious folks to help us keep up with the high
demand for our vehicle repair services. We are looking for
someone to specialize in our pre-owned recon. Working with
all makes and models is a big plus.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
* Money of course: Since a service technician has a unique
and coveted skill set we feel they are one of our most
valued employees and therefore pay with that in mind. Our
best technicians make $80,000- $90,000. We pay technicians
top dollar based on their level of expertise.
* Paid Factory Training, & Career Path: Whether it's
sending you to factory training or learning in our shop, we pay for
and provide all of the training you will need to get started
and put you on a path to learning everything you need to reach your
goals. What really makes this position special is our desire
to invest in high-performers that fit our core values. We
invest by offering a 5-year career path to work your way up through
our service department to eventually become a master technician
that can really offer a great lifestyle and career for years to
* Every weekend off!
* Management & Sales Support: Superior sales support
from our great award-winning team of management and sales
* Benefits: Medical - Dental - Up to 2 Weeks
Paid Vacation - 401k Retirement Option - Paid Sick Leave - Positive
Shop Environment - AC controlled Shop
WHAT ARE WE SEARCHING FOR? True love, the meaning of life, and a
way to keep the YouTube audio going when you close the app? In the
meantime, we are looking for someone that takes pride in their work
to help the people in Acadiana keep their cars on the
The ideal person would be ambitious with strong attention to
detail, confident doing repetitive work, desiring meaningful work,
and hardworking. Here are a few other things that we look for
in this position:
* 2+ years of Service Technician experience preferred
* High school diploma or equivalent, ASE Certification
* B level qualifications, including Diagnostic, Electrical and
* Dexterity, requiring a steady hand, excellent hand-eye
* Mechanical and troubleshooting skills and ability to operate
electronic diagnostic equipment
* Excellent customer service skills and basic computer
* Positive, friendly attitude, along with an eagerness to
* Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
* Teammate with ability to collaborate with others
* Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record
The selection process for us is pretty straightforward. We judge
all of our respective candidates through the lens of our core
values. In fact, here are the answers to the test and we suggest
you consider these carefully before you schedule an
* Holds oneself to the highest standards of honesty, integrity,
* Has a continuous drive for excellence and self-improvement
* Takes full responsibility and is dependable in/for area of
* A professional team-player that deeply respects others
* Possesses a strong desire to serve our community, our
customers and each other
* Exudes an extraordinary attitude
WHAT DO YOU DO?
* Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and
in accordance with dealership.
* Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using
diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
* Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems
including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension,
brakes, air conditioning, etc.
* Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that
customers are informed if any additional service is needed. Provide
an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
* Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
WHEN DO YOU DO IT? It's a 40+ hour a week position with every
WHAT'S NEXT? Come work for a great company and earn a great
living. If you have a great attitude and love serving people we
want you to apply. We are offering a meaningful career choice that
you can build and make an excellent living. Apply now to be
considered and we look forward to meeting you! Must be
21 or older and have a valid driver's license with a decent driving
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit
discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.