Automation Senior Software Engineer
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Consumer, Business and Digital Banking - We work with our retail
banking, business banking, consumer lending, mortgage and digital
banking businesses to define far reaching technology strategies to
evolve our customer experiences, to make us easier to business with
and to deliver solutions that deliver real value. This includes all
core consumer deposit, loan and payment processing and servicing
platforms; all core channel systems for retail branches, ATMs and
call centers; custom built online and mobile banking platforms; and
mtb.com and marketing ecosystem capabilities.
This role requires proficiency in Ruby/Cucumber, functional
testing, regression testing, integration testing and understanding
of TDD and ATDD. The Automation Developer must have the ability to
translate functional requirements/design specifications into
quality automated test cases. To be successful the candidate must
be driven and well-organized, with strong learning and training
abilities. It is essential for the individual to be self-motivated
and tenacious, thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment,
and complete tasks to agreed schedules. This resource must also
have a solid background and understanding of industry standard
automation and manual testing, quality assurance methodologies and
automation solutions. The Project Team will look to this individual
to assist in software releases on an on-going basis and coordinate
the tasks and activities of the broader testing team.
- Analyze and translate functional requirements to create and
execute test cases for large business initiatives. Automate these
test cases and execute on regular basis.
- Create and maintain test cases and test data using
Ruby/Cucumber via RubyMine.
- Actively participate in requirements reviews, gain an
understanding of functional specifications, and provide feedback on
- Actively participate in project group meetings.
- Write, review, and maintain the automation test scripts in
RubyMine and other automation tools.
- Facilitate defect management meetings.
- Identify as many defects as possible to deliver a quality
product to our client.
- Perform all aspects of verification, including integration
testing, functional testing, and regression testing.
- Develop and implement well-defined test plans.
- Manage defect tracking and provide informative updates as
- Participate in production validation and support as
- Comply with company standards of the SDLC and adhere to testing
strategies & procedures within the industry standard.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of an Associate degree and 6 years' systems
analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a
degree, a combined minimum of 8 years' higher education and/or work
- Worked on multiple projects involving complex systems analysis,
design and complete application development
- 3-5 years' experience with industry standard
testing/development and quality assurance methodologies and
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Must be familiar with industry direction
- An ability to build out products & products enhancements from
idea through to launch
- Skills to collaborate with the entire team and customers on
feature requirements and prioritization
- A team player mindset with an ability to thrive and effectively
communicate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Proficient in Jira & XRay with defect tracking, document
management, and knowledge base systems.
- Proficiency in using testing tools (Xray or Zephyr), query
experience with (SQL Server) and Internet Technologies (different
- Knowledge of ATDD & TDD.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming, preferably
Java or Ruby.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or CIS or engineering.
- 1 -3 years' experience with industry standard testing and
quality assurance methodologies and verification and validation
- 1-2 year(s) of automation experience using Ruby/Cucumber or
- Experience with Keyword, Modular and data driven framework,
performance testing using Jmeter or any other open source
technology. Preferred experience with database and service
- 2-3 year(s) experience in Agile/Scrum and implementing TDD or
- Preferred individual with testing & agile certification like
CSTE, CSQA, ISTQB, PSM, PSD, CSM and development certification like
MCSD or OCAJP or CJE.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming preferably
Ruby, C#, or Java.
- Understanding of various Ruby gems.
- Knowledge of web development framework like MVC. Skilled in
recognizing patterns and creating re-usable scripts.
- Good understanding on industry standard databases like Oracle
10g, MS Sql Server, etc.
At M&T Tech, we're a team of makers, doers, and builders,
working to create the most advanced technology solutions in
banking. We're not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: we're
an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and
taking risks. We're building an agile team of the most skilled and
creative workers to solve complex problems, architect solutions,
write high-performance software, and chart our new path, all to
make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve,
better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow's
M&T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of the
best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country,
we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based
career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to
our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow
with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your
career, look to M&T. Grow with us.
Buffalo, New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Lafayette , Automation Senior Software Engineer, Other , Washington, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!