Mactech, Inc. is looking for experiencedField
Machinistto join our team. Mactech is growing and
continually tackling new on-site measurement and machining
applications in a variety of industries, with shipbuilding and
infrastructure bridge construction at the forefront today.
Our success is built upon ourThree Uniques:
- Exceptional People and Equipment
- Expertise from Experience
- Passionate Customer Commitment
Mactech was founded in 1974 and we provide a broad range of
equipment and services for creative solutions to in situ repair and
construction needs around the world. www.mactechonsite.com.
Operating from four domestic offices in the USA, we maintain a vast
inventory of equipment and tools to serve the market and a broad
range of applications. With our in-house engineering and
manufacturing capabilities, we are always adding capacity and
The right candidate clearly needs specific skills and
experience, but most importantly must meet and fulfill our Core
WE BEFORE ME
A few Presentations that may help you get a feel for the job at
Mactech Products and Services Overview
What is Field Machining?
Integrated Laser Metrology and On-Site Machining
Mactech Measurement and Inspections Flyer
If you fit so far, please review the job outline and skills to
succeed that follows.
Essential Job Functions (Including but not limited
Maintenance and operation of a variety of field machining
equipment, including services such as pipe beveling and cutting,
line boring, flange facing, among other creative applications.
Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing;
completing preventive maintenance such as, disassembly, inspection,
reassembly, function test, final inspection, and proper
Maintains equipment functional condition by listening to
operator/customer complaints; conducting inspections; repairing
equipment failures; repairing mechanical, electrical, hydraulic,
pneumatic systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components;
repairing cosmetic damage.
Operates portable machining equipment in various locations such
as Power Plants, Paper Mills, Shipyards, Manufacturing Plants,
Chemical Plants, Refineries, Steel Mills, Mines, Wind Farms, and on
Constant client communication. You will be your client's main
point of contact onsite.This communication includes job start
introductions, managing timeline expectations throughout a job, and
relaying feedback to the Mactech team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ambitious and works at a quick pace, but with diligence and
attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical
- Maintain a neat and organized work area.
- Place safety and quality at the forefront.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and assembly
- Ability to work with other team members, highly flexible, "Get
it Done" attitude.
- Time management skills, the ability to schedule and prioritize
- Mechanical aptitude or ability to learn about our products,
retain and apply the information.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions & procedures and
perform basic math.
- Stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects
and tools, frequently the employee will be required to bend, squat,
kneel, stoop, reach, twist, climb, rotate and crawl.
- Lifting and or moving limitations will require regular lifting
or moving of 50 pounds or less.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position.
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to
4:30 p.m. when you are in the shop.
- When working onsite you may be required to work 12+ hour
shifts for 7-day work weeks for multiple weeks at a time.
- Working overtime as needed.
Working with, in or around exposures to high noises, chemicals,
vibrations, hot/humid, cold conditions, and other outside weather
- 50%-60% travel is expected for this position when working
- Frequent overnight travel is also expected.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2+ years of mechanically inclined experience, does not have to
be field machining
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must have a valid Driver license, or State issued photo ID
- Must have no felonies within the last 7 years and must not be
listed on any domestic or international watch lists
- Successful completion and passing of fit for duty physicals,
background checks and drug & alcohol testing programs
You should be proficient in:
- Preventive Maintenance
- Electrical Schematics
- Mechanical troubleshooting