Company: Thy Lynd Corporate
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Property Manager under
the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and performs general
maintenance and repair to ensure apartment units and other property
facilities are in good working order. Handles service requests for
repairs and improvements of vacant apartments to a market-ready
status. Works as a team participant along with the maintenance
staff to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance
standards set by the LYND's Core Values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives requests for service maintenance, prioritizes work
orders and handles each in the most efficient manner.
- Examines and diagnoses problems with heating, ventilation and
air conditioning units for property facilities. Determines the best
method to repair or replace all or part of the unit. Makes repairs
and/or replacements according to standard. Performs preventative
maintenance on HVAC units by replacing filters, cleaning coils,
- Repairs and replaces furnished kitchen appliances such as
refrigerators, stoves, washers and dryers. May contact an outside
vendor to make more advanced or severe repairs or
- Performs minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs,
replacements, and/or installations including repairing leaks and
removing clogs in sinks and toilets.
- Performs minor electrical repairs and replacement of light
fixtures and related items.
- Repairs locks and other miscellaneous items.
- May perform painting projects ranging from full interior
painting of property units to minor touch up and repair of walls
- Responds to resident service requests and concerns in a timely
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor on special maintenance
projects, i.e., preventive maintenance of building components
- May perform "make ready" projects for the preparation of vacant
units available for prospective tenants.
- Cleans carpets as assigned.
- May perform swimming pool maintenance or other facility and/or
landscape projects to ensure property aesthetics meet or exceed
- Adheres to safety and hazard communications programs, policies
and procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Works irregular hours (evenings, weekends), including on-call
and overtime hours, as required.
- Operates a motor vehicle to transport tools and materials
between work sites.
- Attends and participates in technical training programs to
maintain and enhance knowledge and skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times,
on or off the property.
- Assists other staff members as needed.
- Delivers various communications to residents as needed.
- Works closely with management and maintenance staff in
developing an integral team that effectively represents the quality
and professionalism of the Company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED and one to three years of experience in
facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required.
- EPA Type II or Universal and/or Pool Certification (CPO)
- CAMT is preferred in Florida only.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associate's degree in a related technical or mechanical field
preferred. Military training a plus.
- Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and
- Bilingual - Spanish is a plus.
- Commercial maintenance experience with plumbing, electrical,
and janitorial strongly preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of heating and air conditioning unit
maintenance, trouble shooting, and repair.
- General knowledge of the repair and maintenance of appliances,
lighting fixtures, and plumbing.
- Knowledge and skills to operate common and specialized tools
for repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects
of the property to determine adherence to standards.
- Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally
and in writing with professionalism when interacting with tenants
and property management.
- Knowledge and skills to organize, prioritize, and meet
- Customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply written instructions for
repair and maintenance of equipment
- Attention to details.
- Computer/technical skills to operate mobile computing or
- Valid driver's license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment and physical demands described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is often exposed to various outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally
required to reach with arms, hands and fingers; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. Occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or to lift 50 pounds individually and up to 100
pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional
persons). The working environment is typically in an outdoor
setting, with an occasional need to leave the premises for business
The Maintenance Technician may work non-traditional hours, to
include evenings or weekends in order to complete work. Employer
may also require employees to attend company meetings and training
programs; may require additional travel requirements outside of
Property employees are required to comply with the company
uniform policy. A copy of the uniform policy is provided on the
first day of company employment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in
this position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties
requested by person authorized to give instructions or
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. All duties and
responsibilities are essential functions and are subject to
Keywords: Thy Lynd Corporate, Lafayette , Maintenance Technician, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!