Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
CGI is looking for an experienced .NET Developer (Sr-Level) to join
our Applications Development and Maintenance team, supporting our
client's large number of COTS and custom applications, and working
in an advanced technology environment.
This career opportunity can be performed in Lafayette, LA; Wausau,
WI; or Knoxville, TN. Also, can be done REMOTELY!
Your future duties and responsibilities
• As a Developer, you will be responsible for development, support,
maintenance and implementation of complex project modules.
• Lead and responsible for translating software requirements into
workable web based applications, including writing specifications
and designing, building, testing, implementing, and supporting
applications using .NET and Java programming languages and
• Lead and participate in project planning sessions with technical
and functional leads, business analysts and other team members to
analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT
• Lead and participate in design reviews and provide input to the
design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into
design; and provide input to data flow.
• Lead and participate in code reviews and ensure that all
solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications;
identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues.
• Lead and provide hands-on day-to-day coaching and support for
junior software team personnel in all phases of a project including
aspects such as systems architecture, reuse, development processes,
technical direction, mentoring of the team.
• Act independently as a technical advisor on the most specialized
phases of system design, programming, implementation, and analysis;
leads and participates in major system design, development and
• Gather system requirements and develop specifications, Write code
according to specifications, Quality review of others' code or
designs, Diagnose and fix bugs in conjunction with QA team
• Lead and participate in troubleshooting issues simple and complex
incidents and problems with limited knowledge. Leveraging prior
experience and leading a team to identify solutions to resolve
outages and technical operational issues.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
5 plus years Hands-on experience in Software Development as a
software developer, developing Web Applications.
• Understanding of SDLC processes, spanning requirements/issue
management, defect tracking, source control, build and test
automation, and release management
• Experience with designing and developing applications using .NET
development platform (C#, ASP.Net).
• Strong knowledge of fundamental database concepts (e.g. schema
design and query optimizing)
• Working knowledge of ORM tools like Dapper or Entity
• Strong knowledge of software version control (GIT) concepts and
change management processes.
• Strong knowledge of MVC and Web Development best practices
• Strong knowledge of Web Services Development best practices
• Experience with front end development using JQuery, CSS, HTML
• Experience in Application Security Code Review and/or Application
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player with ability to work in a rapidly changing
environment utilizing good time management and prioritization
skills, while maintaining high quality and being flexible to
customer needs and timelines
**We support the client from 8AM-5PM PST, who is located in San
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
SQL (MS-SQL/PL-SQL) - 5+ years of experience
.NET (MVC, Core) - 5+ years of experience
C# - 5+ years of experience
Application Design - 5+ years of experience
Requirement Analysis - 5+ years of experience
Client Consultation - 5+ years of experience
Java - 3+ years of experience
Network - 3+ years of experience
Middleware - 3+ years of experience
Server/Data Center - 5+ years of experience
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to
achieve common goals
• Able to multitask and work effectively with minimal
• Self-motivated performer with a desire to work on a project team,
learning and developing software features
• Experience with Java
• Experience with ETL
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of TFS.
• Experience with designing and developing applications using
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
ETL - 2+ years of experience
Power BI - 2+ years of experience
TFS - 2+ years of experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $52K-$90K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work
Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary
range must be posted for all positions where the work may be
performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith
salary range will only apply where this described position will be
performed in the state, and should not be considered the
compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all
who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the
challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class
company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan
(SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions
made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits,
medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency
coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a
529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool,
lifestyle management programs and more
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital
status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political
affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected
status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Application Design
- Requirements Analysis
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Lafayette , .NET Developer, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!