Business Analyst/Technical Writer
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Business Analyst/Technical Writer
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across
40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a
CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at
CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Business
Analyst/Technical Writer on our System Integration Team for our CDM
DEFEND program. The team is part of a large federal cybersecurity
program and the role involves providing analysis, technical writing
and documentation support for the integration of solutions for
multiple agencies. The successful candidate for this position is a
highly motivated individual with a strong detailed level of
experience in business analysis and technical writing combined with
an understanding for IT security who excels in providing written
and documentation support to support integrating, operating and
deploying security technology including interactions with clients.
The successful candidate is a self-starter who works effectively in
a highly dynamic environment. The position provides the opportunity
to expand your horizons by collaborating with several federal
agency teams and multiple cybersecurity levels and
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Gathers requirements, performs analysis, resolves issues and
assists with interviews with various users and technical staff to
gather data for a deliverable, resolve issues and/or
• Works with Developers, Engineers, Managers and SMEs to obtain an
in-depth understanding of the product, documentation requirements
and data analytics.
• Produces wide range of documentation that meets applicable
standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
• Documents range from solution design documents, concept of
operations, implementation plans, knowledge base articles, FAQs,
training materials and governance documents.
• Support accurate and timely documentation for systems engineering
lifecycle (SELC) and other artifacts related to program
• Documents processes and specifications.
• Analyzes existing and potential content with focus on reuse and
single-sourcing opportunities to increase efficiency.
• Creating/assisting in transition to and maintaining content
development on solution portal.
• Writes easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and
• Edits the work of others.
• Translates complex technical and analytical concepts into clear,
concise, plain English text and visual content.
• Organizes multiple simultaneous projects and requests.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or
clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Minimum of two years of experience required.
• Expertise in gathering requirements, requirements writing,
performing analysis and problem solving.
• Expertise creating stakeholder communications including reviewing
and editing documents using Microsoft Office Suite (Word,
PowerPoint and Visio).
• Experienced with a detailed document development processes and
• Ability to conduct research and translate technical information
into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and
• Strong problem solving, communication and writing skills.
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work on concurrent
multiple efforts/projects, activities and tasks under time
• Exposure to and understanding of cloud and/or cybersecurity a
• Basic exposure and working knowledge of ITIL, Agile and PMBOK
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them
easily understandable in text and images.
• Experience with Adobe suite, Visio and other graphics tools a
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Lafayette , Business Analyst/Technical Writer, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!