* Senior Assistant Manager
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Senior Assistant Manager supports and executes all aspects
of our retail operations and merchandising for their own personal
assigned store in partnership with the Store Manager. The Senior
Assistant is responsible for driving business results through the
effective coaching of the store team. Areas of focus include sales
and profit growth, expense control, promotional and merchandising
execution, Store Management and team development, and exceptional
customer experience. This role is intended to support succession
planning efforts and company growth and the expectation is that all
Senior Assistant Managers will be willing, ready and able to assume
the role of a Store Manager within a 12 month timeframe should one
- Responsible for driving profitable sales, protecting company
assets and support of the Company Handbook in their own store in
support of the Store Manager.
- Understands store performance targets and monitors achievement
of benchmarks and goals.
- Uses objective business analysis to evaluate business choices
in partnership with the Store Manager.
- Observes trends and patterns to determine root causes of
problems and identify solutions.
- Responsible for networking and recruiting within the market to
ensure the store has appropriate staffing levels to support the
business and responsible for recommending sound hiring decisions to
the Store Manager.
- Builds high performing teams that can accomplish company goals,
initiatives, and priorities, and builds and sustains productive
relationships across the area or district and the industry.
- Supports an atmosphere where all team members are held
accountable for both individual and team performance.
- Models the way, protects company branding at all times and
ensures all team members are treated in a respectful and
- Ensures understanding of strategies, change initiatives,
business opportunities and communicates them in compelling ways to
their store team.
- Communicates clearly and convincingly in ways that build
commitment and demonstrate support for company initiatives.
- Supports store opportunities that are consistent with company
strategies and takes action to address these opportunities.
- Executes changes in initiatives and direction appropriately and
timely in order to drive results.
- Ability to lift and move 45 pounds or more on a regular
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb and lift to stock and retrieve
merchandise from stockroom and sales floor on a regular basis.
- Ability to travel occasionally for training and meetings
- College preferred or 1-3 years of experience in a retail
- Ability to relocate for a Store Manager position
- Energetic, results oriented and competitive with a drive to
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, based upon the business
needs of the district or area.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- A valid driver's license.
Keywords: Kirklands, Lafayette , * Senior Assistant Manager, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!