Security Service Technician
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
What you will do
Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections,
testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical,
Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as
similar competitive manufacturers' product lines.
How you will do it
- Work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the
operation of low voltage equipment.
- Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through
communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard
- Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection
- Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop
- Make minor repairs and programming changes to systems being
- Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and
- Complete assigned inspections on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we look for
- 2-5 years documented service experience in fire alarm or fire
- Fire Alarm License
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams,
submittals, specifications, programs schematics and
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and
performing necessary repairs.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and
moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such
as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40
feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines
and procedures at all times.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by
National, State and Local codes.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entre Course (Electrical
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Self starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability
to learn quickly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Special Hazards experience
- Fire pump experience
- Service background
- NICET Level II certification
- Backflow License
- Familiarity with sprinkler systems and extinguishers
6 Years - Technical Degree
Who we are
Supportive team environment and add to that a competitive
salary, best in class benefits package starting on day 1, which
includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement,
paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Lafayette , Security Service Technician, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!