RN Specialty - Recovery - UHC - Full time
Company: Lafayette General Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Employment Status: FT
- The Team Leader is responsible for the quality of the care
provided to patients during their shift. Functions as care
- Maintains high standards of patient care:
o Participates, evaluates and reports PI Plan.
o Accountable for staff guidance through PI plan.
- Promotes high standards in Human Resources:
- Rewards unit staff through awards and recognition.
- Assists with the evaluation of staff.
- Responsible for staff discipline while on duty.
- The Team leader is responsible for resource management within
- Meets professional requirements in a timely manner and is
attentive to detail:
o Patient Assignments
o Promotes adherence to quality initiatives.
- Risk management
- Plans activities in an organized, accountable manner:
- Plans patient care in an organized, accountable manner.
- Evaluates patient care outcome.
- Acts as a professional role model by actively participating in
- Leads patient care team on designated shift.
- Completes leadership rounds.
- Attempts to create improved patient and staff conditions
through creativity and innovativeness in coordinating patient
- Shows concern for effective use of resources and
- Involves unit staff in planning.
- Responds positively to changing circumstances.
- Coordinates accurate calculation of patient acuity and workload
(staffing) data. Makes assignments accordingly.
- Monitors clinical conditions.
- Displays confidence and effectiveness in leadership role.
- Remains visible in the department to physicians and staff
- Allocates resources to keep continuous flow of patient
- Maintains knowledge of patients within the department and
delegates duties to enhance patient flow.
- Supports and promotes patient satisfaction goals.
- Rounds on patients to enhance patient satisfaction.
- Promotes teamwork and monitors staff members (work performance)
output, offering solutions to improve performance.
- Conferences/coaches staff members who require redirection,
(collaborates with Director/Clinical Supervisor as needed).
Documents actions taken.
- Makes patient/room assignments when on duty.
- Monitors that PI checks are performed by assigned team
- Will be a responsible nurse advocate for patients and patients'
families during crisis situation.
- The Team Leader is responsible for upholding Leadership
Standard in the department.
- RN License
- CPR Basic Life Support
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior
- Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor
constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a
maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
- May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving
patients as well as walking about from patients' rooms, as well as
to and from various hospital areas
Keywords: Lafayette General Health, Lafayette , RN Specialty - Recovery - UHC - Full time, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!