Endpoint Detection and Response Engineer
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Endpoint Detection and Response Engineer
CGI is of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40
countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI
Federal Member, you will have the opportunity to be a shareholder
at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for an Endpoint Detection
and Response (EDR) Engineer to work with a skilled and motivated
team of professionals on our DHS CDM DEFEND program. The Engineer
will support the cyber security posture of seven (7) government
agencies through improved implementation and enhancement of network
monitoring and access control. The Engineer will be part of a Cross
Agency Team (CAT) and will perform an analytical and technical role
in implementation, configuration and analysis of risk models,
scenarios and policies using data from various sources such as
SIEM, IAM, ELK stack (Elastic, Kibana, Logstash), DLP and Tanium,
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Identify and assess customer information technology
infrastructure regarding risks and vulnerabilities.
• Document, communicate and recommend steps to resolve the risks
and issues associated with security vulnerabilities across the
customer IT environment.
• Provide, maintain and administer endpoint security management
tools: anti-virus, data loss prevention, web filtering and spam
filtering across customer IT environment, authorized users, data
center and network assets such as McAfee, Arctic Wolf, Binary
Defense, CrowdStrike Falcon, Cybereason, Deepwatch, Sentire, Expel,
FireEye, Carbon Black, Palo Alto Cortex, Elastic Security and
Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
• Document, maintain and manage DLP (host and network) existing
equipment, software and tools.
• Manage DLP rules based on customer policies and procedures.
• Notify customer of viruses and system vulnerabilities or threats
that could lead to adverse effects on customer.
• Prepare and maintain solution documentation, including security,
configuration and CONOPS.
• Work closely with engineering and test teams and participate in
technical and meetings with Agency technical specialists.
• Work with service delivery team in developing agency-specific
designs and policies to include working directly with agency
technical and security SMEs.
• Document, publish and maintain a knowledge base of information
pertaining to the functionality, processes and procedures related
to the tools.
• Apply technical expertise in implementing efficiencies and
creating strategies to better detect and respond to cyber incidents
by prioritizing mitigation actions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or
clearance requirements, US citizenship is required as well as
successful passing of CGI background check prior to beginning work.
In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a
DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of related experience. Four
additional years of relevant work experience may substitute for a
• Experience configuring and integrating COTS software in support
of enterprise security solutions.
• Must be able to analyze and clarify customer technical
• Must be able to analyze vulnerability scan results, system
audits, log events and troubleshoot software issues.
• Experience with threat hunting tactics, techniques and
• Knowledge of cyber attack stages, including reconnaissance,
scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges,
maintaining access, network exploitation and covering tracks.
• Experience integrating layered security using network security
architecture concepts using defense in depth and zero trust.
• Knowledge of malware analysis concepts and incident handling
• Experience designing, deploying and integrating enterprise
endpoint management systems.
• Experience managing agent-based end-point packages.
• Hands on experience with EDR tools.
• Must have strong communication skills and a solid understanding
of IT security concepts to include vulnerability and patch
management, security operations, incident management and incident
• Must be able to work with other team members and groups, work
with competing priorities and possess strong customer focus.
• Ability to establish working relations at all organizational
levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively
deal with government officials and program office stakeholders.
• Security relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+,
• Understanding of federal cybersecurity guidance such as NIST SP
800-37 - Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to
Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and
NIST 800-137 - Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM)
for Federal Information Systems and Organizations.
• Experience with the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Lafayette , Endpoint Detection and Response Engineer, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!