CAM Operations Manager
Company: Fine Jewelry Manufacturer
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The role of CAM Operations Manager will be to lead a team of CAM
Operators leveraging the most advanced 3D software, 3D printers and
mills to deliver value for our internal and external customers.
Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product
and manufacturing methods. Work cross-functionally with internal R
& D teams, software development teams and outside vendors to
implement process improvement initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management of a team of 10-12 CAM
- Responsible for training and developing all entry level CAD/CAM
- Advanced knowledge of RP Fabrication, Software, and
- Implement and champion Lean/Lean Six Sigma manufacturing
techniques and principles including JIT/Pull, 5S, and small
batch/single piece flow to create value for the customer.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning
work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Aggressively manage costs of labor and materials
- Optimize daily assignment of production run for printers and
- Work cross-functionally with internal R & D teams, software
development teams and outside vendors to implement automation
throughout the production flow
- Create and sustain strong relationships within 3D printer /
ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING community. Maintains professional and
technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks;
participating in professional societies.
- Ideal candidate will be (Hands on focused combining practical
and theoretical skill sets) (very comfortable working on the shop
floor with hourly employees teaching and driving
- Requires excellent written, verbal, mechanical, interpersonal
skills, problem solving, project management skills and experience
training and developing others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate
decisions, interpret personnel rules, laws, policies and plans.
Ability to work independently and with appreciable latitude for
decision making and judgment.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance in a fast-paced and
ever-changing production environment
- A passion for leadership of people and continuous improvement
of processes is a must
- Requires an intermediate to advanced knowledge of CAD/CAM
processes with an emphasis on additive manufacturing
- Management experience is a plus
- Requires a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in a
related field with 3 dimensional CAD skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Computer Science is a
- Advanced knowledge of basic jewelry fabrication process is a
Keywords: Fine Jewelry Manufacturer, Lafayette , CAM Operations Manager, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!