Merakey is currently seeking an Employment Specialist to join
our Adult Behavioral Health Division in our Lafayette, LA
- Vocational Specialist are an essential part of the Assertive
(ACT) Team. The multidisciplinary team provides evidenced based
to members diagnosed with severe and persistent mental
- Vocational Specialist assist members with reaching occupational
and/or educational goals.
- Vocational Specialist provide our members with vocational
rehabilitation through assessment and supportive employment
- Vocational Specialist also assist our member with maintaining
resources and benefits that can assist our members with meeting
their basic needs.
- Vocational Specialist provide crisis support, reinforcements,
and education to all members on the team.
Rate of pay: $16.10 /hour + $6,750 Annual Travel Stipend
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and
provider offering a breadth of integrated services to
individuals and communities across the country. We leverage our
size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models
of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public
and private healthcare funders and community partner
The work of Merakey is anchored in the firm belief that it is
every individual's right to achieve growth, dignity, and
fulfillment in their lives. Surrounding professional staff with the
best in technology and
supports, Merakey is a leader in the industry and remains
committed to helping people...one individual at a time.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader
providing education and human services to individuals with special
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings
program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more);
Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order
prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse
hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental &
vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan
with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay
for qualifying employees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program Qualifications
Check us out online at http://www.merakey.org.
Click on Careers under Career Opportunities
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to
email your resume directly to our recruiter at
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Active Driver's License within the state of Louisiana or
ability to transfer license to LA.
- Must have a Bachelor's in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or
- Must be willing to work in a community-based setting and with
members diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.