Kubernetes Platform Engineer
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Kubernetes Platform Engineer
CGI is one of the largest global IT companies, spread across 40
countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI
Federal member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI
and join a family of 77,500 members. We are implementing large
scale system modernization efforts across software products
involving migration to modern architecture and containerized
environments powered using innovative devSecOps automations and
CGI Federal is looking for an experienced container and kubernetes
engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative
environment. You will have the unique opportunity to work with
talented architecture and engineering teams to deliver high quality
software products that are market leaders in the Federal
Government. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical
skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication
Your future duties and responsibilities
• As one of the lead engineers, you will apply proven expertise in
architecting and implementing production grade kubernetes cluster
environment that provides end to end capabilities such as
provisioning, configuring, networking, monitoring, logging, tuning
and security compliance.
• The environment consists of open source and third party platform
components and you will bring your experience to integrate
components of the cluster and support the environments both
internal and external. Customer environments have to meet Federal
Government Information security requirements.
• As a senior engineer/architect, you will also guide the team in
defining and prioritizing technical requirements for production
cluster environment and recommend development/release roadmap for
• As a senior engineer, you will be working alongside software
architecture and development teams currently performing
modernization of software products into cloud native
• Candidate is expected to design and develop CI-CD build and
deploy pipelines and orchestration solutions that automate delivery
of our software to non prod and prod environment using industry
best practices. These include scripts development, artifact
management, tool integration, code analysis and scanning, test
automation, versioning and release packaging across software
products built on heterogeneous architectures and frameworks
• Candidate should understand and comply with the SDLC based on
SAFe/Agile principles and process
• Candidate is expected to support devOps needs for multiple agile
teams build and deployment process.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and should be self-motivated
to identify solutions that are built with re-use in mind and follow
architectural best practices.
• As a subject matter expert, you are expected to support teams
that manage our software deployments at Government agencies that
are on premise as well as multi cloud.
• Help identify, track, and resolve risks and dependencies across
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical
mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a
• At least 3-5 years experience in implementing and managing
production kubernetes environments and containerized (docker)
• Strong technical background and experience (Preferred: 5
o Linux environments such as RHEL on VMware and cloud
o Architecting CI-CD pipelines for on-prem and multi cloud
o CI-CD toolchain and scripting languages (Terraform, Jenkins,
Ansible, Puppet, docker, YAML, HELM)
• Exposure to monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana and log
• Experience in software development
• Exposure to middleware technologies (App servers, message brokers
• Experience in Java and Go programming languages
• Experience with open-source technologies and tools.
• Understanding of Federal Government security standards pertaining
to containerized application environments such as NIST, FISMA
• Excellent understanding of agile and lean principles
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
• Ability to organize and plan work independently
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between
• Kubernetes certification(s)
• Cloud certifications
• Infrastructure automation and networking
• Experience in supporting ATO and technical audit
• Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Experience working with remote teams
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Cloud Computing
- Continuous Integration
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Lafayette , Kubernetes Platform Engineer, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!