Cloud Solutions Architect
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Cloud Solutions Architect
We are looking for a hands-on, high performing and highly motivated
technologist who possess technical depth and strong interpersonal
skills to be the lead architect / engineer within the business
As a Cloud solutions architect, you will lead technical workshops,
advise customers on architectural and strategic IT decisions and
design highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures
that address customer business challenges. As a trusted customer
advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations
understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions.
The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is
critical to a solutions architect.
The suitable candidate will report to the VP of Cloud Practice
within the Business Unit and will be responsible for leading
assessments related to architecture, design and development. He
will also be responsible for strategy workshops with our clients to
build and establish roadmaps for the business
requirements/objectives. He/She will also be engaged on a large
Enterprise wide implementation of a Cloud migration along with the
business development initiative. Accordingly, he/she will need to
have strong presentation skills to go with excellent oral and
written communication skills to ensure best-in-class delivery of
architecture, proposals, and business development
The ideal candidate is passionate to develop deep expertise in the
Cloud technologies as well as broad know-how around how
applications and services are constructed using the Cloud platforms
(preferably AWS or Azure). She/he will possess customer facing
skills that will allow them to represent CGI well within a
customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel
within the company, as well as a technical background that enables
them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers
She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think structured
about business, product, and technical challenges. As a Cloud
solution architect, you will enjoy keeping your existing technical
skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong
contributions to deep architecture discussions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Understand the customers business & application requirements and
translate them into system / technical requirements
• Lead technical workshops, advise customers on architectural and
strategic IT decisions and design highly scalable, flexible and
resilient cloud architectures that address customer business
• Develop a strategy/roadmap to meet the business objective of the
• Provide exceptional Cloud technical design and thought
• Lead technical workshops and advise customers on architectural
and strategic IT decisions
• Ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications,
software, and services on the AWS platform
• Educate customers on best practices to ensure their solutions are
designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Provide both pre-sales architecture support to drive sales
• Ensures that software meets or exceeds specified standards and
• Work closely with experts within the software development
community to understand the business issues and systems,
collaborate on physical application design alternatives and create
development estimates for each alternative design for a given
• Provide software architectural consulting expertise, direction,
and assistance to Software Engineers, Business Analysts and other
• Translate Business Requirements into technical architecture,
balancing the use of existing technology with the benefits
associated with the use of new technology.
• Facilitate business requirements gathering, using various
techniques and crossing business unit boundaries.
• Remain continually aware of business, technical, application and
infrastructure issues and act as a consultant to aid in development
of creative solutions involving complex architectures.
• Research, document, and report on future technologies and
commercial trends and how they impact the technical and business
• Effectively discuss complex technologies and architecture and
interact with technical and non-technical professionals at all
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum of 15 years enterprise IT application experience that
includes at least 10 years of hands-on software development, DevOps
engineering, systems administration, and/or systems
• Strong knowledge of cloud technologies required - Develops and
implements Enterprise Cloud & Hybrid Cloud Strategies leveraging
AWS or Azure
• Current hands-on experience providing modernization to a platform
utilizing AWS Cloud
• Hands-on Cloud Architecture, Design, and Development experience
is a must-have!
• Pre-sales experience is a plus.
• Well-rounded knowledge of systems, network, security, storage,
cloud products and technologies in differing environments
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn
• Demonstrated ability to architect and implement solutions within
the cloud environments
• Significant experience in infrastructure architecture, database
architecture, networking and security
• History of successful technical consulting and architecture
engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with
executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as
well as the ability to work effectively across internal and
• Experience working within the software development or Internet
industries is highly desired.
• AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate or Professional is
• Strong written and communication skills
• Excellent Presentation skills are required to be successful in
this role, and must have the ability to manage multiple on-going
priorities at the same time.
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality,
enterprise-scale distributed applications using modern software
development practices and technologies is highly desired
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is highly desired
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Software Design and Development
Cloud Enterprise Architecture
Network, Security, Storage
Desired Qualifications /Non - Essential Skills Required
Skill Set/Years of Experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $120,000-$180,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work
Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary
range must be posted for all positions where the work may be
performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith
salary range will only apply where this described position will be
performed in the state, and should not be considered the
compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all
who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the
challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class
company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan
(SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions
made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits,
medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency
coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a
529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool,
lifestyle management programs and more
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Lafayette , Cloud Solutions Architect, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!