Local City Driver / Forklift Operator, Full-time
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most
trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members
across the country!
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where
driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means
we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve
customers who depend on us for customized transportation and
It's more than a job; it's a career.
General Description of Duties:
Pickup and delivery of cargo to and from various destinations
usually within proximity of the consolidation/distribution center.
The loading and unloading of trailers utilizing the same
techniques, technology and procedures as a dock worker. Actual
duties and schedule may vary depending on terminal location.
* Minimum 21 years of age.
* Have 1 year of verifiable tractor/trailer experience (Candidates
with less than 1 year experience may be eligible for training).
* Have a Class-A CDL with doubles/triples, tanker and hazardous
* Have a good stable work record.
* Have a safe driving record (from MVR and previous
* Be able to pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT
* Make more money! Wages are Teamster Union Scale which are greater
than most other carriers! Hourly employees also receive overtime
pay after 8 hours/day.
* Be Home more often! Home time for ABF Freight drivers far exceeds
that of other drivers within the truckload industry.
* Vast majority of ABF Freight local driving jobs are Monday
* All drivers receive health and welfare benefits with no employee
* Each employee receives 5 days of sick leave each January 1st.
With the amount of personal days, sick leave, and paid holidays, an
employee may qualify for up to 3 weeks of paid days off without
* Life insurance is provided through the multi-employer sponsored
health and welfare fund.
* Employees are given the opportunity to contribute to a company
* ABF Freight employees are covered by a pension plan at no expense
to the employee.
* Drivers participate in a profit sharing program with option to
purchase company stock through a stock purchase plan.
Questions about this position? Email us at ...@abf.com!
If you require accommodation in the application process, please
contact ...@abf.com or call us at (479) ###-####. An Equal
Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability. Associated topics:
coordinator, crane, dock c, entry level, forklift, loader,
logistics technician, pallet, warehouse intern, warehouse
Keywords: ABF, Lafayette , Local City Driver / Forklift Operator, Full-time, Other , Woodworth, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!