Senior Data Scientist
Company: JT4, LLC
Posted on: July 30, 2022
As JT4 continues to grow, we are hiring a Computer Scientist for
our Nellis AFB located in Nevada. The Computer Scientist provides
software and systems engineering services, generally within a work
unit or group.
- Advises team and project managers on technical problems.
- Interacts with customers and project managers on a regular
- Works independently of direct supervision on projects of high
- Uses judgment and initiative in developing complex analytical
and computational technologies and methodologies for solving
problems, which may be technically unique to the industry.
- Interprets customer requirements, develops, and analyzes the
most appropriate approach to solve technical problems.
- Develops the design of the system/software and the associated
design documentation. Prepares and conducts design reviews.
- Implements the design through software coding or hardware and
documents the implementation appropriately.
- Plans and executes unit, integration, and systems testing.
- Participates in the maintenance and sustainment activities of
- May provide work direction or other guidance to lower-level
- Establishes and maintains positive customer relations.
- May support pursuit of new business efforts, lead proposal
efforts, and act as a technical consultant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general
and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental
requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to
their job. WORKING CONDITIONS Typical office environment with no
unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting
while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities
while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities
for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess
planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under
deadlines. Required Skillset
- Bachelor s Degree in an associated discipline and at least 4
years of related experience or have a Master s Degree in an
associated discipline and at least 2 years of experience, or a PhD
in an associated discipline. Incumbent must possess effective oral
and written communication skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge in one or more object-oriented programming languages
such as C++/Python/Java/C#
- Knowledge in Hardware and software design and documentation
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows, Linux operating systems
- Proficiency in C++, Object Oriented Programming
- Proficiency in Network programming (decomposition and
- User interface programming (QT)
- Event based programming
- Knowledge with testing, deployment, configuration management
and software sustainment.
- Experience with systems engineering and software development
- Knowledge with version control systems such as GIT
- Knowledge with software modeling and simulation integrating one
or more of the following: sensors, electronic warfare systems,
communication links, databases, aircraft, threat models, databases,
and weapons systems.
- Knowledge with integrating software and modeling environments
consisting of digital and analog processors, cockpit displays and
controls, mechanical and electrical interfaces, and flight program
- Background with coding or modeling using MIL-STD-1760 or 1553
data bus characteristics along with experience with Air-to Air and
Air to ground weapons desired.
- Experience working in a closed environment with limited
external access. We prepare our nation s Warfighters for the
missions of today while building new capabilities to meet the
global challenges of tomorrow. JT4 provides engineering and
technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air
Force, Space Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical
Services Contract (J-Tech II).
Keywords: JT4, LLC, Lafayette , Senior Data Scientist, Other , Broussard, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!