Yard Rigger / Blaster
Company: Delmar Systems
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Delmar Systems, Inc. an Industry leader in temporary and
permanent offshore mooring services is currently looking to fill
the position of yard blaster/painter. The yard blaster/painter
would focus on blasting, painting, and maintaining equipment and
the Broussard facility to support the Delmar Operations
departments. The yard blaster/painter shall Directly reports to the
Delmar Systems Broussard Yard Manager
- Operation of forklifts to move equipment as needed
- Blasting of equipment to be inspected
- Painting of equipment that has been inspected
- Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for
moving, using hand and power tools.
- Attach and detach loads properly
- Communicate with all team members effectively
- Ensure compliance with all safety rules and
- Monitor and maintain all rigging equipment to ensure
- Report all safety concerns and issues to management
- Set up and break down necessary equipment
- Properly select gear for the job
- Maintain control of all loads at all times
- Maneuver loads through difficult spaces
- Inspecting and preparing loads that need to be moved.
- Setting, aligning, and leveling heavy equipment
- Selecting the appropriate rigging gear.
- Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use.
- Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and
moving loads, in order to ensure safety of workers and
- Preparing rigging equipment including beams, pulleys, clamps,
- Inspecting rigging before final use.
- Monitoring and maintaining rigging equipment.
- Maneuvering loads using heavy equipment machinery and by
- Ensuring compliance with state and company safety
- Communicating with the rigging and construction team.
- Breaking down rigging equipment and conducting post-rigging
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years working as a rigger.
- Familiarity with OSHA safety standards.
- In-depth knowledge of rigging equipment and heavy
- Excellent hearing and vision.
- Ability to work at heights and in noisy environments.
- Physical fitness and ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions.
High school diploma or GED.
2+ years working as a rigger.
Familiarity with OSHA safety standards.
In-depth knowledge of rigging equipment and heavy machinery.
Excellent hearing and vision.
Ability to work at heights and in noisy environments.
Physical fitness and ability to lift 50lbs.
Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions.
Keywords: Delmar Systems, Lafayette , Yard Rigger / Blaster, Other , Broussard, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!