AR/AP Specialist (LA, LaFayette)
Company: Five Star Food Service
Posted on: November 20, 2022
AR/AP Specialist (LA, LaFayette)LA, LaFayetteFive Star Food
Service is hiring for an Accounts Specialist that will focus on AR,
AP, Invoicing, GL, and General Reporting. This role will support
our Lafayette, LA based division. The Accounts Specialist must be
an experienced team player with excellent customer service skills.
The individual will need the ability to manage and analyze complex
and high volumes of data and be deadline oriented with a high level
Experience why Five Star Food Service is the employer of choice in
- Paid Vacation after 6 Months
- Seven Paid Holiday Days
- Competitive Route Pay Program
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Matching Program
What You'll Do as a Accounts Specialist:
- 50% of your time:
- Process external, internal invoices and ACH payments with
- Collaborate and educate internal customers on proper account
coding to confirm classifications.
- Ensure integrity of outgoing payments and cash flow.
- Request W9s and other documentation to ensure authorized
- Work to resolve vendor issues promptly and
- Receive and record all cash, checks, credit card and ACH
- 25% of your time:
- Record company receivables.
- Generate monthly statements for internal accounting
- Provide excellent customer service to agencies in tracking and
collecting past due accounts.
- 25% of your time:
- Assist with mail
- Provide schedules and reports required for annual financial
audit and monthly close outs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required, with at
least 2-3 or more years Accounts Payable (AP) and/or Accounts
Receivable (AR) experience required.
- General understanding of accounting practices and
- Experience with automated accounting programs and
- Must be strong with MS Office, with Experience with SAP highly
- Efficient and accurate data entry
- 10 keys by touch with accuracy
- Working knowledge of accounting computer software with emphasis
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional organization and management of files, workload,
- Ability to work under condition of interruptions and work
comfortably under pressure
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. May
be exposed to dust, fluctuation in inside temperatures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger,
grasp, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls.
Occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with
hands and arms, walk; lift push or pull objects up to 20
- Must be able to consent to a pre-employment background
- Must be able to consent to a drug screen.
- Ability to follow workplace safety policies and guidelines.
Notice: Please note this job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: Five Star Food Service, Lafayette , AR/AP Specialist (LA, LaFayette), Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!