Lead Operator - Offshore - US
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an offshore Lead Operator and must have
offshore production operating experience.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Abbeville,
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from
Wood is required.
• Monitors and records the production of gas, oil, and water from
computer and meter readings.
• Performs regulatory inspections which involve tasks such as:
testing safety devices high and low pressures; checking fluid
levels in the separator, tank, and other parts of the vessel;
inspecting wellheads for leaks and deficiencies, and recording data
on required forms for computer input.
• Performs visual inspections by walking around facility and
equipment to check for pollution, leaks, temperature variances, and
mechanical problems; making appropriate repairs and
• Inputs data from recorded levels and pressures in the computer
for daily or periodic reporting.
• Performs minor mechanical and equipment repairs as required on
items such as pumps and valves.
• Cleans equipment and work area to keep them free of oil, trash,
and other debris or filth.
• Performs mandated inspections on safety and fire extinguishing
equipment by checking the general condition and gauge
• Runs and pulls pigs according to an established schedule,
inserting and removing the pig from the trap either by hand or
using a hoist.
• Responsible for making daily operational decisions of a complex
• Additional duties as required.
Skills / Qualifications
• 5 years of experience required in oil and gas production
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or
• 6- 10 years' experience in oil and gas production preferred with
experience in maintaining and completion of production
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Lafayette , Lead Operator - Offshore - US, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!