Banquet Set-up Part Time
Company: Doubletree Lafayette
Posted on: November 25, 2022
- Set banquet facility to specifications as described on Banquet
Event Orders (BEO's); Communicate with Banquet Captain, Sales and
fellow team members to deliver all specifications of functions.
- Break down functions as assigned.
- Clean meeting space at beginning and end of events to include
vacuum, sweep, mop, polish etc.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and
ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
- Ensure service areas and storage areas are clean and maintained
in proper working order. Clean and dry floor to avoid slip and fall
- Keep linen separate from other items.
- Manage guest requests, inquiries, and complaints promptly and
completely. Ensure follow up with guest are performed in a timely
manner to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction and quality
service. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise in
accordance to the "Make it Right" established guidelines.
- Follow proper Hotel safety policies and procedures and use safety
equipment as needed to ensure the safety of all team members during
each shift. Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or
any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed
safely, efficiently and effectively
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to read and write basic English
- Ability to read and speak the basic English language as to fully
comprehend job requests, caution notices, event orders and similar
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used in
the meeting rooms.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
- Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums
weighing up to 80 lbs. through a crowded room. This position
requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis
throughout the shift for room set up and breaks down.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with associates and guests.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers
with tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate
information and resolve conflicts.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
regular basis; Able to work varied shifts, including Weekday
Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- *Physical Demands*
- While performing the duties of this position, the job regularly
requires standing and walking for an for an entire work shift;
twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, Move, bend, lift
and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck
weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
* Paid time off
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* On call
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Lafayette, LA 70503: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Doubletree Lafayette, Lafayette , Banquet Set-up Part Time, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!