Geophysical Data Processor - Marine
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Geophysical Data Processor is responsible for
information gathering activities on survey vessels, analysis of
multi-parameter data, problem-solving, and quality control for
Marine Geophysical surveys. Job Responsibilities:
- Organize and archive acquired data according to established
- Communicate with, Party Chief and project management details
regarding the quality and quantity of processed geophysical
- Remain educated in software to support the flow of data from
acquisition to deliverable.
- Liaise with the project manager to understand the
project-specific deliverables, processing requirements, and
- Support the processing of all acquired data and the delivery to
the interpreter in a format suitable for his/her use with minimum
- Capable of troubleshooting problematic data and support the
communications of these problems to additional support
- Capable of troubleshooting and assisting in solving acoustic
navigation positioning issues.
- Support software and tools aboard vessels to facilitate data
- Assist in the mobilization and demobilization of surface and
sub-surface positioning equipment.Job Requirements:
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without
- Have 2 or more years of experience in Geomatics preferred;
military training and experience with acoustic, navigation,
navigation systems, and/or electronics.
- Possess the ability to obtain a valid passport for
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher in Geomatics, Surveying
and Mapping, Civil Engineering, GIS, or related discipline
- Experience with installation, integration and calibration of
survey sensors (Multibeam echo sounders, side-scan sonar, seismic
recording systems...) is strongly desired.
- Survey experience with configuring and utilizing any or all of
the following software would be considered a strong attribute;
CARIS, Oasis Montaj, Amazon Web Services, Qincy, Hypack, GIS,
AutoCAD, Fledermaus, Microsoft office 365, PosPac, Chesapeake
SonarWiz, and TerraPos.
- Category A (CAT-A) or ACSM accreditation is desirable.How to
apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to
discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our 'apply'
button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for
recruitment agencies: Fugro does not accept any unsolicited
applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro
Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciatedFugro USA
posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy,
gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national
origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic
information, political affiliation, military service, or other
non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing
assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact
Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or
email@example.com.EEO is the law posterEEO is the law
supplement posterPay Transparency
Keywords: Fugro, Lafayette , Geophysical Data Processor - Marine, Other , Lafayette, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!