Directional Drillers LWD ( Logging While Drilling) Field Professionals
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are looking for the right people - people who want to
innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best
talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop
themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards
and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers
of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Duties and Descriptions
- Under general supervision, provides on-site supervision of the
Logging- While-Drilling (LWD) process, including tool preparations,
data acquisition, log generation and Quality Control (QC) and
delivery of the services to the customer.
- Serves as the lead engineer on most jobs.
- Ensures that all data presented to the customer is accurate,
timely and meets the highest service quality standard
- Ensures that expected and needed data and possible problems are
provided to the customer.
- Provides technical consultation to all of Halliburton's
clients. This includes mud hydraulics, Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA)
planning, formation evaluation, drilling tendencies, the mud system
and BHA dynamics. Properly tests all tools and equipment before,
during and after each job. Identifies and corrects operational
problems to prevent or minimize service impact.
- Accurately completes all required forms, databases and reports
(i.e. service vouchers, lost/damaged equipment, radiation site
survey, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS) report, First Alert
Database (FAD)/Correction, Prevention and Improvement (CPI).
- Ensures BHA's are assembled as planned, including correct
make-up torque, doping and handling.
- Aware of customer requirements regarding directional survey
- Interfaces with the Directional Driller (DD) to ensure BHA
compatibility, planned operating parameters are within
specification and correct tool face references are applied.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives as
- An undergraduate degree in a STEM discipline required.
- Completion of the basic M/LWD training program and 6-12 months
working as a Field Prof- LWD, I.
- Must have successfully passed company tests, or met task
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to required
- Must possess good communication, arithmetic, data entry and
- Requires ability to read and interpret formation well logs and
interpret directional survey information and other well site
- Must possess relevant on and offshore safety certificates.
- This is a field position.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job
requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles
given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or
(3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill
level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including
Field Engineer II or General Field Engineer.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status,
sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age,
veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by
law or regulation.
4607 Hwy 90 E, Broussard, Louisiana, 70518, United States
Requisition Number: 156115
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Keywords: Halliburton, Lafayette , Directional Drillers LWD ( Logging While Drilling) Field Professionals, Other , Broussard, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!