Service Operator I - TCP
Location: New Iberia
Posted on: January 24, 2023
We are looking for the right people - people who want to
innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best
talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop
themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards
and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers
of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under direct supervision, provides support and assistance in
the workshop by preparing the tools and equipment used in the
Tubing Conveyed Perforating (TCP) service line operations during
the completion phase of a well.
- This is a progressing role that requires basic knowledge of TCP
operations, of using explosives in accordance with regulatory
guidelines, and of pressure testing downhole equipment for
- This position includes working in both shop operations and well
- Assists with TCP service line equipment assembly and
preparation as directed by shop supervisor and/or service
- Cleans up and repairs equipment according to Halliburton
Management System (HMS) procedures.
- Assists in the loading of TCP guns, Firing Heads, and
preparation of Ancillary Equipment for jobs.
- Inspects the various gun and explosives components for
- Learns to operate 80% Tubing Conveyed Perforating (TCP) service
- Drives a truck or other assigned equipment as required.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost
containment, efficiency, profitability or operations. Consequences
of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and
complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE)
regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement
- High school or similar education is required and a minimum of 6
months experience as an Operator Asst-TCP, II.
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task
- Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements for
background/criminal check to attain an explosives license.
- Must have met the minimum competency requirements for the
Operator Asst-TCP, II.
- Must be able to complete Job Safety Analysis (JSA) on
prescribed tasks and demonstrate Safety in Lifting.
- Able to identify various gun components, explain function of
each. Able to visually identify explosive components by type of
explosive (HNS, PYX, HMX, RDX etc).
- Demonstrate ability to work safety with hand tools.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required.
Basic computer skills are preferred.
- Licensure to drive commercial vehicles may be required.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status,
sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age,
veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by
law or regulation.
719 Hanger Dr, New Iberia, Louisiana, 70560, United States
Requisition Number: 156365
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Keywords: Halliburton, Lafayette , Service Operator I - TCP, Other , New Iberia, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!